Cutout question reasked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutout question reasked

If I bolt in a cutout for track performance, will it hurt my street performance when its closed off? I'm looking at doing this within a week or two...
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

no, in my expereince with my cutout, it will not

it may cause a little bit of turbulence b/c of the air hitting the plate and bouncing back but if you like the way it sounds as much as I do you probably won't put the cap back on :D
    1996 Polo Green Metallic Firebird V6 3800 A4 - <i><a href=\"http://personal.bellsouth.net/lig/j/h/jhooks2/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">The Green Goblin</a></i>

Comment

Cardinal, looks like we're gonna put our cut-outs on at the same time, it would be nice to compare results. I'm just waiting for my muffler and tips to get here then i can start.
      BTW Where do you plan to put your cut-out at so it doesn't hit the ground when you hit a bump or something?
      \'95 Med. Quasar Blue Camaro 3.4 A4<br />Bunch o\' mods<br /><b>10.18 @ 67.60 mph 2.22 60 ft (1/8 mile)</b> <br /><br />-1986 Camaro with a carbed 350<br /><b>8.53 @ 81.45mph 1.8 60\'</b><br />AIM CamaroL32

Comment

Cardinal, I like my cut-out's sound so well I am not planning to cap it anytime soon. But I have not felt any lack of performance at the track or on the street. I took some pictures of mine yesterday, and hope to have them developed within the week! Mine is JUST BEFORE the muffler, so that i can just kind of squat down at the rear passenger tire and cap it, without crawling on the ground. SO literally, it's about an inch or two before the muffler, facing straight back. Hope that helps.
        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I plan on putting a cutout on my car soon. I'm gettin the one from JC Whitney, it's only $22, and it comes with a cable to remotely open/close it. It wouldn't have any "turbulence" problems that he mentioned might happen as it doesn't have a traditional plate with wing nuts like most cutouts. Instead it has a valve that you can switch between open and closed exhaust. I'll be mounting it right after my cat on the under side of the car.
          Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GrdLock:
            I plan on putting a cutout on my car soon. I'm gettin the one from JC Whitney, it's only $22, and it comes with a cable to remotely open/close it. It wouldn't have any "turbulence" problems that he mentioned might happen as it doesn't have a traditional plate with wing nuts like most cutouts. Instead it has a valve that you can switch between open and closed exhaust. I'll be mounting it right after my cat on the under side of the car.<hr></blockquote>

Ive seen that one, let us know how well it works out! I was scared it wouldn't seal well.
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X