California Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Cat

As I was removing my old tips, getting ready to take my car in later this week to get the new rear section exhuast put on. I keep hearing a rattling in my cat. So I have decided to go ahead and upgrade the I pipe and the cat. What low priced highflow cat can I get and still stay California emmisions worthy. Part numbers and testemonials please.
    Cardomain

pewter i wanna know the same thing. when i had my loudmouth installed i asked bout a highflow cat, and the guy gave me some shpeal(sp?) bout CA not letting me have a high flow cat. i asked bout headers too and he said that it wouldnt pass emissions. can someone from CA tell me if this is true?
    I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

Comment

All I know is I have an extreme flow high flow cat and my car passes just fine. A lot of people on this site are using the catco cat with good results. I think those are around $50. I paid $100 for my setup but my exhaust is welded.
      1994 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L A4 (160hp 200tq)<br />2006 Nissan 350Z 3.5L M6 (300hp 260tq)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Harry94:
        All I know is I have an extreme flow high flow cat and my car passes just fine. A lot of people on this site are using the catco cat with good results. I think those are around $50. I paid $100 for my setup but my exhaust is welded.<hr></blockquote>

Where did you get it, how much, what part number?
        Cardomain

Comment

I have Random on the 98 and Catco on the 89 bird. Both of them pass smog. They're both good in my opinion.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Anyone else got a testimonial and a part number?
            Cardomain

Comment

dynomax. Im about to install 2 on mine.
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

CARB rules do not allow aftermarket cats....so, there are no aftermarket cats with CARB numbers....there's your answer ;)

[ August 31, 2003: Message edited by: Guardsman ]</p>
                Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Guardsman:
                  CARB rules do not allow aftermarket cats....so, there are no aftermarket cats with CARB numbers....there's your answer ;)

[ August 31, 2003: Message edited by: Guardsman ]
                  <hr></blockquote>

??
                  I just got a CarSound Cat and I'm in Cali. It states EPA and CARB approved and came with a warranty certificate asking why I am replacing the cat(didnt' fill it out). If it is pass 50k or 70k or something or if it is broken you are allowed to replace it. There are also Federal warraties that states that car companies will warranty ur car's cat up to 80k.

I had a Universal GM 3" cat since December and I've had the SES stayed on since April. I just installed my CarSound on Friday and just a few hours ago the light went out. Maybe the bulb blew...lol. But it's not lit anymore and I am from the FriscHoe Bay Area.
                  1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by F1GT:

??
                    I just got a CarSound Cat and I'm in Cali. It states EPA and CARB approved and came with a warranty certificate asking why I am replacing the cat(didnt' fill it out). If it is pass 50k or 70k or something or if it is broken you are allowed to replace it. There are also Federal warraties that states that car companies will warranty ur car's cat up to 80k.

I had a Universal GM 3" cat since December and I've had the SES stayed on since April. I just installed my CarSound on Friday and just a few hours ago the light went out. Maybe the bulb blew...lol. But it's not lit anymore and I am from the FriscHoe Bay Area.
                    <hr></blockquote>

Where did you get it from, what was the part number?
                    Cardomain

Comment

"I just got a CarSound Cat and I'm in Cali. It states EPA and CARB approved and came with a warranty certificate asking why I am replacing the cat(didnt' fill it out). If it is pass 50k or 70k or something or if it is broken you are allowed to replace it. There are also Federal warraties that states that car companies will warranty ur car's cat up to 80k."

Weird, I was looking up aftermarket cats a while ago, and I couldn't find any CARB numbers on any of them. I did a little digging, and found something that said that we couldn't change the cat. Cool that we can, though.
                      Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Guardsman:
                        Weird, I was looking up aftermarket cats a while ago, and I couldn't find any CARB numbers on any of them. I did a little digging, and found something that said that we couldn't change the cat. Cool that we can, though.<hr></blockquote>

The owner the shop where I take my car told me a few weeks ago that CARB approved hi-flow cats are just now starting to hit the market. And they're expensive, in the $400-$600 range.
                        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/edogg_127\" target=\"_blank\">1999 red 38000 Camaro</a><br />Leaking rear main seal (not really a mod though)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PewterBird:

Where did you get it from, what was the part number?
                          <hr></blockquote>

i got it from here:
                          http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/carunconwita.html

part number was 94009.
                          1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Pretty cool stuff there....I never saw cats with dual inlets or outlets.....a 2.25" dual inlet with a 2.75" or 3" single outlet with an O2 boss in the outlet would be perfect for our cars, get rid of that crappy y-pipe just before the cat that we have now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X