misfire o2 sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misfire o2 sensor?

hey guys, i keep getting this misfire that i can't get rid of,, i have a 99 firebird, i keep getting the code p301 which is cylinder 1 misfire, i've change the plugs, wires and coils. i don't know what it could be. i had a guy tell me it could be bad o2 sensors, what do you think,, i have 125,000 miles on the car so i don't know if that could be the problem, i've taken it to the dealer and they checked the plugs wires and coils and said everything was fine. they did a high pressure fuel injector cleaner, but it still misfires... any ideas

If the problem is only on 1 cylinder then it shouldn't be the O2 sensor, as that sensor measures all 3 cylinders on that bank. If the plugs and wires are ok, it might be the injector. You said they cleaned it, but maybe it's bad? Dunno.

[ August 19, 2003: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]</p>
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

the wires that i used are the ones from autozone, the real cheap ones that cost 15 bucks,, you think that those wires could be junk causing the misfire. i bought a second pair of those wires and changed the cylinder one wire but it still misfired...any other idea

Comment

The o2 sensor wouldn't have anything to do with the misfire.
        2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

I've seen this on a friend's LS1 and yes, his bad O2 sensor does cause one cylinder to misfire! Don't count it out. It doesn't make alot of sens that it would do it to one cylinder, but it does. And if you are at 125,000 miles on the same O2's, it is time to replace them anwyay!
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X