headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers

Are the pacesetter headers ok, without the ceramic coating? I saw a pretty good deal on them. Do they fit my 99 without too much hassle? patr #70-1209 Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Don't waste your money on headers that aren't coated. Within a couple days they'll look like crap when the paint burns off.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Oh I saw them on e-bay for like 227.00 that's why I asked. Pretty cheap price. Thanks, don't need a headache
      Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

thats going rate, or just above. you should find the ceramic coated ones for around $300
        \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Where at? Do these fit ok? I have a 99 and have stock ex. except muffler.

Comment

if no one will see under your hood like they do in car shows then you are fine, Those are the same exact one that i have on my 98 and you cant hardly even see them so i dosent really matter, but you could paint them with high temp paint of your choice and they will be fine if you do it right
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/profile/blackfbird_98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/profile/blackfbird_98</a>

Comment

IMO it is well worth the price to buy coated headers.
              for one thing, they look really nice and will for a long time unlike the painted ones that look like crap within a month.
              secondly, the coating greatly reduces underhood temps and makes the exhaust more efficient by reducing heat scavenging
              1994 white Firebird M5<br />Flowmasters, CAI, 3.73s, LSD, coated pacesetters, eibach pro-kit, bilsteins, hurst shifter, JVC stereo, 18\" C5 vette wheels, Kuhmo Ecsta ASX rubber<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299</a> <br /><br />Coming Soon: Turbo!

Comment

If you wanted my opinion...

I'd buy some tubular manifolds, get a custom y-pipe, and used z28 catback, and put a muffler on it...

alo put a cutout on it.

Just my opinion on the matter.

IF your muffler is swappable. I see the whole setup costing $75-150 ish in parts, and maybe $100-200 in labor(assuming you put the manifolds on yourself, and had everything else put on at an exhasut shop.

All better then just putting headers on your current setup.
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Well, I'm gonna need them real soon. My sc is on the way back from rebuild, and I am on a tight budget for awhile. I just dont want them to rust out really fast. I would hate to put on the sc with ex manifolds from factory. I'm going to have enough fun with all the ses codes from that though, not counting headers. But I guess I have to work through them all.

Comment

I wonder how much tubular manifolds are. Think gm performance sells them? Hard to find a smashed one with those on it. I called around and they are already taken off. Some other people have the same idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jessica2112:
                      I wonder how much tubular manifolds are. Think gm performance sells them? Hard to find a smashed one with those on it. I called around and they are already taken off. Some other people have the same idea.
                      Keep an eye out in the for sale section.....there was a recent abundance of them for sale........
                      Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
                      1996 Camaro Conv
                      2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

Originally posted by merlinsrealm:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jessica2112:
                        Keep an eye out in the for sale section.....there was a recent abundance of them for sale........ </font>[/QUOTE]Exactly they were going for like $35...

they make plug changing easier, and they are sort of like "shorty headers" I vaguely remember the power differnece really being thaaaat big. And since you are on a budget I woudl put them on, and go with a bigger I-pipe you will see lots of gains.
                        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I would agree with the tubular manifold thing if you didn't have a blower but since you do/will I'd say get headers.
                          \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                            Low Voltage
                            by Vladimir Gecko
                            I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                            1 day ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            1 week ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X