gutted cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gutted cat

ok i gutted my cat a couple of day ago and i told my friend he ask if i put a pipe through it i said no i ask why and he said that be loseing a little bit of power cuse i dont got a strait pipe going through it and i did notice that i lost some power so what he saying is true?
    2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

yes most likely~the air is gonna bang around in thR b4 it gets out.... still prolly have more flow than w/a cat but... I gutted mine and ran a pipe through~it's def. the best way.

Comment

will it cause some restriction? yes. but very very very minimal. the stock 2 1/4 piping is more of a restriction than anything else. you say that you noticed you lost some power, but actually you didnt. becuz you freed up the flow that power shifted up a little more. it is not worth the time taking it apart and putting straight pipe in. you will not notice any gains.
      <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

my ses light comes on but my sim is bad so i have to buy a new on does having my ses light on will that to slow me down
        2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

it shouldnt...as long as its just the rear o2 sensor code...it just tells the computer that your cat is f'd
          00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

hmm..my o2 sensor there must be f*cked then..i've had mine gutten and sleeved (no sims) for like 2 years now and have never gotten a code from it..for these guys without tuning software..is there a way to gut the cat and not have an SES light come on without having to buy a sim?..some sort of free mod?..if thats all that o2 does than it would save people some $$$ [img]smile.gif[/img]
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

1DangerousV6
              what do u meen by sleeved the cat????

Comment

i was think instead of a cat i want to put a dyno max bullent muffler in where the cat was. will i lose any performance by doing this? thanks

Comment

instead of a cat~no; instead of a straight pipe~yes.

Comment

there is no way to garuntee that the ses light wont come on. some cars will set it, others wont. there is no free mod.

a high flow cat and straight pipe will yeild about the same gains. its not worth not having a cat. any time you free up flow your going to gain, not lose performance.
                    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

but putting a bullent muffler where the cat was i wont loss performess cuse i was going to do bullent muffler 3" with 3" pipeing to a flowmaster i just dont want to put a strate pipe cause it will sound like crap so let if this is a good set up

Comment

theres nothing wrong with that setup. it should sound ok. all of the ones i heard with out a cat had more rasp.

is there a reason you dont want a cat? for 50 bucks you can geta highflow cat and be legal and still have just as much flow.

Comment

well ether way if i had a high flow or not i would still need a o2 sim but im think of get one but dont know but i do which high flow is the best and wont clog up right away

Comment

i have a carsound cat. never had a problem with it. alot of people go with carsound or catco.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X