• Whats better FIPK or Whisper?

I have a 2001 Firebird Vert

- Free Ram Air Mod
    - Pacesetter Headers and Y
    - Borla 3" Exhaust
    - MSD Super Coils (8224)
    - MSD Super Conductor Wires 8.5mm

Stock hood.
    so. whats better for performance + HP gains, K&N FIPK or the Whisper Lid?
    Slick - US Military - overseas. <br />\'01 Pewter Firebird \'Vert<br />SLP CAI, MSD coils/cables, Whisper lid, Pacesetter Headers, Borla 3\", Catco 3\" cat, K&N filter, Intense Racing PCM, Lakewood LCAs,180 TBI--&gt; BMR PHR, ZT LSD, Motive 3.42s, FFF Turbo

How about a Whisper Lid and a K&N Filter? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a Whisper Lid and K&N filter...is the upgrade to FIPK worth it?

Pros and Cons?
      Slick - US Military - overseas. <br />\'01 Pewter Firebird \'Vert<br />SLP CAI, MSD coils/cables, Whisper lid, Pacesetter Headers, Borla 3\", Catco 3\" cat, K&N filter, Intense Racing PCM, Lakewood LCAs,180 TBI--&gt; BMR PHR, ZT LSD, Motive 3.42s, FFF Turbo

Comment

probably not....

Comment

I don't know if I'd call that an "upgrade"... I'd get the whisper lid or modify the lid you already have

Comment

i didnt think that they made an FIPK for our cars. i know theres one for the ls1.

i also have a whisper lid w/ k&n. shaving the lid and getting rid of the silencer is almost as good and a whole lot less.
            <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

they do, its called a k/n air charger, its on lmperformance.com, there are pics on my cardomain site in my sig [img]smile.gif[/img]
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

shave lid and deleete air baffle

or whisper lid.

You can get cold air into the stock 99+ airbox easily.
                01 Firebird A4 3.42
                Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                and other mods
                Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

yeah it doesnt seem worth the 200+ price tag. I am very happy with my Whisper Lid/ KN filter combo
                  2003 Chrome Silver Nissan 350z 6 Speed<br /><br />2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro 3800 M5-----SOLD but missed

Comment

it doesn't have as high a hp rating as the lid/cai mod

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      3 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X