This is what I cme up with for system: - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what I cme up with for system:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I cme up with for system:

I currently have:
    1.Pacesetter Headers (ceramic coat)

Going to purchase:
    1.Carsound cat part # 94139 with single O2 boss (not for cali), but I got the hookup. From FTPP
    2.LT1 Magnaflow 3" Catback with S pipe from FTPP

Going to do Graymans Conversion. This is for a 99 Maro.I don't need a cat with an airtube do I?

How does this look?
    K&N FIPK, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound Highflow Cat, 3\" Magnaflow catback, 180 Thermostat, 8.5 MSD Wires, NGK Plugs, Chrome ZR1 Rims

sounds like a decent system that should work well. and to answer your question, no, you dont need the air tube.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

You don't need the o2 bosses in the cat. They are already IN THE TUBING for your exhaust. Explaining it doesn't seem to help, so maybe I can draw it...

1998 and up style.

............................cat................... 02 bung

_____________/---------------\_______| |_______

-------------\_______________/-----------------

1997 and earlier cars had 2.

......02 bung..............cat..................02 bung

_____| |_____/---------------\_______| |_______

-------------\_______________/-----------------

You will only be replacing the cat, so the o2 bung, pictured above IN THE PIPING, stays put. If you got ANOTHER o2 boss in the cat, you would have 1 extra.
      JUST GET A REGULAR CAT, NO BOSSES, NO AIR.

Hope that helps.

[ November 22, 2005, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: AZ3.8Camaro ]
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

if you doing a hiflow cat you minds well not even waste your time on the 02 sensor as its most likely goping to cause an ses light and youll have to get a sim.

since you say that it comes with the s-pipe if the bung is in the s-pipe just use the sense to plug it up.
        <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Maybe I did'nt clarify. It is 99 Camaro V6. So this will be an upgrade. Of course. So the LT1 magnaflow (part # 15620) catback that I'm going to order from Ftpp already has a O2 bunghole( ...haha, bunghole..) in the piping? I did'nt see it in grayman's conversion. That's why he said get a cat with an O2 Bung.I'm confused.
          So I have O2 bungs in my Right and Left Headers and my Y Pipe. Then I need one on the cat.
          That being I don't need an O2 sim then? Correct?
          K&N FIPK, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound Highflow Cat, 3\" Magnaflow catback, 180 Thermostat, 8.5 MSD Wires, NGK Plugs, Chrome ZR1 Rims

Comment

you can put the o2 sensor in if you want, if you do it will still read wrong becuase of your high flow cat, as a result setting an ses light. only way to fix the ses light is an o2 sim.
            <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

So I could just get a regular High Cat and a O2 sim and I'll be fine? With the other 2(pre cat) O2's and the sim I will not have the ses light on?

Comment

thats correct
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i have a high flow cat , magnaflow 3in/3out with o2 bung and never had a light come on. I installed it about 8 months ago too.
                  2000 firebird w68, auto, t-tops , 3.42 , k&n, whisper lid, taylor 8mm spark plug wires , bosch spark plugs , 3\"in/out carsound CAT , 3\" i pipe, take off trans am muffler, C6 Z06 rims

Comment

also i am pretty sure the o2 bung is after the cat by the end of it , so its kinda near where the o2 bung was in the orginal s pipe , i also put a new s pipe in .
                    2000 firebird w68, auto, t-tops , 3.42 , k&n, whisper lid, taylor 8mm spark plug wires , bosch spark plugs , 3\"in/out carsound CAT , 3\" i pipe, take off trans am muffler, C6 Z06 rims

Comment

Originally posted by ramair6:
                      i have a high flow cat , magnaflow 3in/3out with o2 bung and never had a light come on. I installed it about 8 months ago too.
                      you just got lucky. some people never get an ses light, while the majority of us do.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X