Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Off Exhaust

Hi,
    I was thinking of getting the take off exhaust for my car. I was wondering once you get the take off do you have to weld it to the I pipe? Or can you just use some heavy duty clamps? If anyone has done this how much H.P. did you gain from doing this? Does it sound as good as they say? I have the Y87 right now, and I know it sounds a lot better than the single exhaust out let. (Sorry for those who I have offended.)

Thanks for the replys in advanced.

C
    02 Onyx Black Camaro A4 Y87<br />Whisper Lid<br />Cold Air induction

When I called SLP about this they said they were out and have been since last summer.
    They couldnt answer why the takeoffs were listed for 98-02 and didnt include my 97.
    I also asked about v-8s being differnt location on tailpipes than my 97 Y-87 and they were clueless.
    Where have you found V-8 muffler take offs?

Comment

I'm gonna look on E-Bay. There might be a some what decent one there. I know it wont be as nice as ones from SLP :(

Comment

Anyone else have anything to say? Any sound clips?

Comment

I have one from a 30th Ann. T/A, but you cant have it...(did it just to tease you [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] ) I need to keep it so if she ever needs to be sold, I can put her back to stock.

I had a WS6 take off on my 99 3.8, and I liked it alot. It sounds really nice at idle and even sounds pretty good up to around 2.8k to 3k, but once your past that...watch out, the rasp is embarassing. I never dynoed the car, but I bet it gave my car 5rwhp at the most...I just did it for lowend sound and looks.

It will bolt directly onto the v6 setup. Just make sure you don't cut the piping on the muffler or the I pipe too short (the part of it that goes over the rear axle). You should enjoy it, and good luck...its a good mod for the money.
          Ed
          2001 Formula

Comment

Blackbowtie you already have the V8 Takeoff muffler if you have a Y87. If you really want an upgrade, forgo the SS and Firehawk stocks, and look into something like the new Rumbler (was it TSP?) or something very open like that. Don't bother with a(nother) takeoff, and trust me, I had one.
            -Rob
            <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

Thanks for the relpys. I didn't know that there would be a lot of rasp after about 3k RPM.

Does anyone have any sound clips of the new TSP? I would love to hear it, people have been saying that it sounds really good. One question about that tho, is it illegal in the State of Virginia? I have heard that it was.

Thanks

Comment

I think I picked up the one of the last SLP V8 take offs. I decided I am not going to use it. It is a real nice unit with the aluminum dual tips already welded on. If anyone wants it, I will let it go for $49 plus shipping.
                PRESENT CARS<br />04 Chrysler Crossfire<br />96 Black Bonneville (winter car)<br />98 Plymouth Minivan (wife\'s)

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked 3800 V6:
                  Blackbowtie you already have the V8 Takeoff muffler if you have a Y87.
                  But you do not have the 2.75" I-pipe. [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
                  1996 Camaro w/ Y87 package. T-Tops, purple, loaded. Custom painted salad-shooters with Mirage paint.<br /><br />(It\'s my girlfriends car!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X