VTR Custom cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTR Custom cold air intake

I still havent had time to go get her dynoed yet, but i do have the gas milage numbers. I drive the same route almost everyday and i allways fill my car up at about 300 miles and get 20-20.5mpg...with th intake i didnt fill up until 350 miles i got 22.5mpg. So that is almost a 10% increase in gas milage due to the cold air!
    Will have her dynoed in a month or so.
    2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

whats the VTR CAI? how much was it? were did you get it? thanks.
    white 1996 camaro 3800: flowmaster American thunder cat back. hypertech 160* stat, and manual fan switch

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by white96six:
      whats the VTR CAI? how much was it? were did you get it? thanks.<hr></blockquote>

It's this....His own brand. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...&f=25&t=004926
      <b>2000 NBM Pontiac Firebird</b><br />3800GT Performance Package<br /><br />Intake, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster Cat-Back

Comment

[img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] Yeah, I had an increase in gas milleage too when I added all my stereo gear. I turned the A/C off. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Stop trying to sell your product until you get a dyno run. And that dyno run is useless without video.
        1997 Camaro 30th Anniversary...M5, chrome 16\" 5-stars Goodyear 245/50R16<p><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/issycamaroman\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/issycamaroman</a>

Comment

if youre serious about this thing youll need some dyno numbers. good for you if you see decent gains, but noone is going to buy it without the paper to prove it.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I am not saying that to try and sell it, i dont have parts to sell to people as of now. I am not going to sell it for a little while. The reason that i am not selling it for a while is because i am thinking about selling the intake and a p&p throtal body as a kit. I also need to bend the pipe alittle more and get it to fit exactly on the throtal body. I am going to take my car to the dyno with everything stock, then do it with the intake on, and then with my p&p throtal body on it. I am going to be selling it for hella cheap, the intake with the filter should be $115 or less, and if you want the throtal body...i dont know the pricing yet...i need to see how much it is going to cost me.
            I am just posting my progress thus far, not asking for anyone to buy it.
            2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

I made myself a custom 3" inch intake that goes to the same place, but looks a thousand times better and does the same thing, and it only cost me around 35 bucks. I got a 3" stainless pipe from a hook up at an exhaust shop. he mendrel bent one end to 90 degrees for me, got a 4 inch to 3 inch rubber boot at a hardware store, and a k and n off ebay for 25 bucks. goes to the same place as the VTR intake, looks a hundred times better. If anyone wants the drawings for it, ill give them to you and you can make it yourself, and i know nothing about cars, so if i can do it, i know you can. The hardest part was drilling the hole in the pipe at the filter side and extending the wires for the AIT sensor. Email me at lonelliott@verizon.net if you want the drawings for it. You can do it i guarantee for under 30 bucks.
              Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.<br /><br />------------------------------<br />1997 Red Firebird with T Tops<br />Custom 3\" cold air intake <br />K and N filter<br />!maf<br />flowmaster 80 series catback<br />Accel 8.8 300+ spiral ferro wires<br />Bosch 2X platinum +4 \'s

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X