Why does NO ONE make a rear sectional Muffiler for the 98+? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does NO ONE make a rear sectional Muffiler for the 98+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does NO ONE make a rear sectional Muffiler for the 98+?

I always see adds for them for the 93-97 but what's the deal with the 98+? My 98 is a one piece system, did the earlier models have a clamp before the muffiler for a easy disconect? I just cant see what would be different is it something with the bumper?

I was this close to ordering a cat back Borla but I just cant get over $625 when my stock one is just fine and I dont know if I will still own my car in 2-3 years.
    ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

You are correct, the older models used a two piece system, with a clamp at the I-pipe/muffler joint. That is probably why you don't see rear section systems for late models. Most people feel the power gain comes from the I-pipe anyway, just something to keep in mind if performance is your goal.

Comment

I agree, you need to be 3" through the cat to the muffler or else you'll just be doing the muffler for looks/sound and not really performance at all.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Good god almighty. The 93-97 will fit a 98+ just change the fawking hangers.

Scott

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Scott Black:
          Good god almighty. The 93-97 will fit a 98+ just change the fawking hangers.

Scott
          <hr></blockquote>
          True, but you need to cut the 98+ system to do it, not just an unclamp and remove procedure. Not to say difficult, infact it might be easier than freeing the slip joint on some rusty 93-97 cars, but it will take some effort, or atleast a sawzall
          :D

Comment

while we are on this subject, sypose I got the cat back borla, what diamater pipe do they use and also will it use the clamp for the half pipe section right under the frame brace?
            ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              5 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X