Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T/B Coolant Bypass Kit For 3.4????

EBAY auction for 3.4 T/B Coolant Bypass Kit

Does this really work? I've heard of it installed on LS1 F-Bodys before but not a V6.

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: 94bird ]</p>
    <b>94 Firebird, 3.4 V6, Red, M5</b><br /> SLP CAI, Accel 8mm Superstock Wires, Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs, Borla Exhaust, BMR Strut Tower Brace, 180* Thermostat, B&M Ripper Shifter<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird</a>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 94bird:
    EBAY auction for 3.4 T/B Coolant Bypass Kit

Does this really work? I've heard of it installed on LS1 F-Bodys before but not a V6.

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: 94bird ]
    <hr></blockquote>

You can bypass the throttle body on a V6 F-body. Don't buy this ripoff kit on ebay though. You can get everything you need at your local auto parts store for less than $3.

Comment

You can acually do it for free on a 3.4. There are two tubes that run to the throttle body. Under the intake tube. Take one off. Dissconnect the other from the throttle body and re-connect it to where the other one came off. (on the coolant line not the throttle body). And you are done. I did it and didn't notice any difference. But, its free. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Cruzin is correct. There are two lines under the throttle body that pass coolant to and from the TB. In the original orientation, the lines are in a 'vertical' position. To do the by-pass you want to change them to a 'horizontal' orientation, where one hose connects the two lower ports and the other hose connects the two upper ones. If the four lines are labeled as follows(while looking at the engine from the front:
        Originally A and C are connected, and B and D are connected. You want C connected to D and A connected to B.

Once the bypass is performed, the upper hose will serve no purpose other than keeping the TB coolant passages plugs to prevent debris from getting in there. You will lose a little coolant when you pull the hose ends, but nothing severe. I just rinsed it off with a little water. The only tool you should need is a plyers to free the hose clamps.

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          3 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X