Reducers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducers

You guys can laugh at me if you want, but Ive never had to use a reducer before. With the reducer couplings do you just sleeve the exhaust piping together with them and then clamp the couplings, or do they have to be welded?

I was planning on this....

y-pipe to 3" cat w/ SUM-G4752

looks like this is meant to bolt a plain pipe up to a flanged end of a header, but why cant I sleeve this into both the y-pipe and cat to join them?

then, 3" cat to 2 1/2" stock S-pipe w/ WLK-88307 Dynomax 3" to 2 1/2" reducer.

Ive got my PAcesetters sitting in the basement where theyve been for a almost 2 months. its going to warm up to 25*F this weekend and im tired of holding off on my header install so Im going to go ahead and freeze my *** off this weekend and get it done. unfortunately not access to welder. :( will I be able to clamp everything up with these two pieces?

link to Summit reducers:

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...ling&x=12&y=13
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

You should replace that stock S pipe or else it will be your bottleneck and rob you of any power you'd get from headers/y-pipe/high flow cat. Think of it this way, if you have a straw and blow through it normally, it's easy. But if you pinch the straw in the middle some, it makes it a lot tougher. Same principle with your exhaust, go 3" all the way and you'll be set!
    2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

summit has a 3 inch catco cat, its like 85 bucks but i know they go one
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

I want to go 3", but I also just want to get the headers on for now... been sitting in my garage waiting for too long. Ive also already got the 3" cat....its just waiting to go in w/ the headers.

The only leads I have on a 3" s-pipe is a U-bend from jegs and cutting it in half and re-welding it. Any other thoughts?

I also plan on a 3" magnaflow, but I cant get a P/N. I find a 3" LS1 setup and just one 3" LT1 setup. it was my understanding that there should be a single cat and a dual cat setup for the LT1 and its the single cat that bolts in for us.

Anyone running a 3" Magnaflow let me know where you purchased and P/N if available.

[ February 05, 2004: Message edited by: ellik ]</p>
        \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X