TB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB

So our TBs have screens over them, is there anyway special that i am supose to take it off? Or do i just rip it off, i havent really taken my car apart so i dont know if it just slides off or if i cut it or what not, thanx for your help.
    2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

I would suggest that you use some needle nose plyers to carefully sqeeze out the retaining ring. Then you can try to use some thing to pull it out. Or you can carefully remove the maf sensor, then poke it out w/ your finger.
    Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
    "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
    http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

So you know how right infrount of the tb there is the rubber thing, and it is held down by the meatle strap, how do i get that off with out damaging that thing? Sorry that might be a stupid question.
      2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

Comment

SnapRing Pliers will do the trick. Or really skinny flat head screw driver ( you got to be more careful with this).
        1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
        Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

The specific reason that it is there is to straighten out the air flow. reason for this would be the computer getting an accurate as possible O2 reading to the computer. taking it out may effect it a little bit negatively... but im not necessarily shur. i've heard it does more good than bad
          99\' Camaro v6 T5- SOLD<br />2004 VW Golf TDI

Comment

the general rule around here seems to be 99+ good, 98- bad

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
            Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

did it on mine. It roughens the idle a little bit at standstill but it adds much more throttle repsonse at cruising. In my opinion its worth it because its free. And it really doesnt idle that rough, you can barely feel it.
              Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.<br /><br />------------------------------<br />1997 Red Firebird with T Tops<br />Custom 3\" cold air intake <br />K and N filter<br />!maf<br />flowmaster 80 series catback<br />Accel 8.8 300+ spiral ferro wires<br />Bosch 2X platinum +4 \'s

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lon:
                did it on mine. It roughens the idle a little bit at standstill but it adds much more throttle repsonse at cruising. In my opinion its worth it because its free. And it really doesnt idle that rough, you can barely feel it.<hr></blockquote>

same thing here i have 1997, do it, if yo dont like just put it back in
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lon:
                  did it on mine. It roughens the idle a little bit at standstill but it adds much more throttle repsonse at cruising. In my opinion its worth it because its free. And it really doesnt idle that rough, you can barely feel it.<hr></blockquote>

Thats my thoughts on it as well..

from what I heard, 99+ good, 98- bad...

As for taking it out...

Just get 2 BIc mechanical pencils, or 2 pens, the cliking ones probably woudl work better, put the pens/pencils in the 2 holes and push them closer together, to take the pen out. Then get the pens/pencils, put them in the screen, on the far outer edge(so if you damage it, the snap ring woudl cover it anyways) and pull push together a little and pull the screen out. And Bam the screen is out...

If you really really really want, I can take a pic of my screen out of the car and the snap ring, but will take a day ro two, pretty busy with school and all.

Comment

Did it on my 97 (manual) and it wanted to idle at around 1700 and rough around low rpms. In a parking lot in first gear it would "pull" me around to about 2000 rpms ... very scary to have a manual driving itself like an automatic!
                    Put it back in, no issues since.
                    -Rob
                    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

ok guys,i have a 99 with the pos drive by wire setup.

i took off the screen one afternoon it was about 40 degrees out that day.i went for a drive and noticed better pull under acceleration,i was driving it about a half hour stop and go,when i stop at a light,its stuttering like ish,so i pull into the gas station and it stalls out.while driving not really a prob,but stopped it puttered like a pos,and gave me a little hard time from stop to go.

i seem to be the only one with the 98 and up that has had this problem,question is why?i have an slp ls1 lid (had to use aluminum flex tubing for bellows since its centered on the lid to mate it to the tb) kn filter,and the slp cold air box.

could the aluminum tubing be the problem?i noticed later that it had some holes in it,this must be why?guess thats what i get for ghetto riggin it,at the time i was unaware that there were lids for the 3.8,plus i got the flowpac as a good deal....
                      99 3.8 a4,Xenon kit,eagle 077,wingswest wing,halo headlights,gen3 altezzas,clearlenses,SLP flowpac,Predator ram air hood,RKsport carbon grille,POS flowmaster 3in catback,160 hypertech 160stat <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/pics3/MVC-015S.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/pics3/MVC-015S.JPG</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X