Header problem, Multiple memebers need help. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Header problem, Multiple memebers need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header problem, Multiple memebers need help.

So.. my pacesetters are on! hurray.. they feal good.. sound good.. great mod IMO..

The ZZP block of plates will work on our exhaust.. no problems there.. and according to rob (our ax moderator) the sim seems to work fine also..

I will be installing the sim tommarow..

SOOOOO!

that brings me to my one little issue..

I hear a verrrrry verrry light chirping at moderate throttle.. ie a little more gas at crusing speeds..

its like a little blow off valve kind of chirp (jsut not as loud).. or.. a small squeeky wheel, like a hampter wheel.. or a squeeky bering.. sort of chirp..

is that the steering rack issue?? something else perhaps?? let me know what you think..

[ January 29, 2004: Message edited by: AllTheGoodNamesAreGone ]</p>

I have the exact same squeek. Seems to not be related to throttle, though. Must be the steering rubbing on the header.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

ehhh.. mine kinda goes with the throttle.. but.. that may be becuase of the engine pusing a little harder to the side.. not too sure..

lets see what others say.. i am sure someon has tracked this down.. and if not.. i will this weekend..

Comment

I was just about to post the same question.

Comment

wild.. ok.. well thats 3...

anyone want to share some advice??

Comment

Hmmm.. well i gave my steering linkage a once over today now that their is light outside.. and it looks like it clears everything ok..

maybe the extra low end is causing my moderatly worn belt to slip...

I will invetigate more this weeken.. but if anyone has advice it would help alot..

Comment

any takers?

Comment

I did a search for you guys and Keith (Seppo) wrote this to an earlier post about steering linkage clearance:
                There is a bolt through the buckle(u-joint thing) on the firewall side of the steering linkage. Loosen this bolt then slide it(the buckle) forward. I had to use a large screw driver to wedge it forword. Then tighten the bolt. This should be more than enough to clear the header.

Hope that helps.
                Eclipse 8443, CDT ES-620s in doors (Clarion APX401.2), IEK, CDT 6X in rear(HU), Image Dynamics ID10v.3D.4 in stealthbox(Clarion DPX1001.2)<br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33</a><br />borla cat-back, FTRA, whisper lid

Comment

umm never had trouble with mine, thanks ill check mine out just to make sure

1997 camaro
                  www.turbov6camaro.com
                  1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                  4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                  7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                  11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

So.. i was showing the car to a friend today.. and got him to blip the throttle a few times for me.. and mine turned out to be comming form the egr connection..

block of plate is not on right.. can feal some exhaust comming right out.. "oops" dude who installed my stuff did a great job fabricating my s-pipe and getting the headers to seal perfectly.. but it seems he is not too good at bolting on egr plates.. rofl.. ohh well.. its a quick fix..

well good luck to everyone else..

IMO start checking for leeks..

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreGone:
                      So.. i was showing the car to a friend today.. and got him to blip the throttle a few times for me.. and mine turned out to be comming form the egr connection..

block of plate is not on right.. can feal some exhaust comming right out.. "oops" dude who installed my stuff did a great job fabricating my s-pipe and getting the headers to seal perfectly.. but it seems he is not too good at bolting on egr plates.. rofl.. ohh well.. its a quick fix..

well good luck to everyone else..

IMO start checking for leeks..
                      <hr></blockquote>

i cut out my own gasket for the egr worker great
                      www.turbov6camaro.com
                      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

My EGR is welded shut.
                        Guess the problem is somewhere else. :(

[ January 30, 2004: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]</p>
                        Matt
                        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by viper04af:

i cut out my own gasket for the egr worker great
                          <hr></blockquote>

hmm.. yeah i am thinking i am gunna get some gasket material.. and stick it between the block of plate and the egr "nub"

Comment

EGR doesn't seal very well on the pacesetters....try some ultra copper gasket sealant and clamp the other side down with some vice grips overnight.
                            <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

I have a nice squeel under my hood but its coming from one of the idler pullies. Damn thing screams harmonics at me when it gets cold out.
                              00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X