MAGNAFLOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAGNAFLOW

im thinking about getting a magnaflow muffler, but ive never heard one a V6. how well does it sound? which one should i buy, if either,.. the
    2.50 inlet or the 3.00? ive already bought a WS6 muffler off my friend, should I just stick with that one? as bad as i want to put it on my car, im having doubts on trying that, it seems a bit crazy. what does everyone think??
    2001 Pewter Firebird<br />4-speed automatic <br />T-tops<br />*LSD *3.42<br /> <br />Shaved Air Box <br />K&N Filtercharger<br />Firebat Decals<br />Dual Exhaust<br />Tinted

I have the single in dual out magnaflow for specifically for camaros/birds. Its 3 inch in. I like the way it sounds, especially after if broke in. I have people tell me all the time that it sounds mean. I have had at least 5 people tell me that it sounds better than a 3.4 with a flowmaster. Its not too lound though but I have stock I pipe and cat etc. I just got the muffler only. I like it! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Magnaflows aren't well liked - doesnt mean theyre bad - just means theyre not well liked. I dont like Borla, but many do, so take your gamble.

If you want to try one then see if the muffler guy can just clamp it on for a week - if you don't like it then return it and get a flow80 or dynomax depending on if you want a gurglier or smoother sound.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

does anyone have any clips??
        2001 Pewter Firebird<br />4-speed automatic <br />T-tops<br />*LSD *3.42<br /> <br />Shaved Air Box <br />K&N Filtercharger<br />Firebat Decals<br />Dual Exhaust<br />Tinted

Comment

Not yet...
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Magnaflow = [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
            Dynomax = [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] but did I hear ya go by
            Ravin/Hooker ( [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] )= [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]
            Edelbrock - [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
            Flowmaster - [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] :cool:

just wanted to have fun with smilies...hopefully you'll ge the idea

Comment

im a bit confused,.. now isnt dynomax a muffler that usually runs someone about $50 tops. thats the best for our cars. i know better than that on ls1s but i cant argue about 3.8. i dont know alot about my own exhaust sounds. :(

Comment

dynomax is an excellent muffler. I'll sell you mine. It's a 2.5" inlet, dual out and in perfect condition. It has been on for 13K miles. Still sounds great. I'll sell it to you for a reasonable price. Let me know if you're interested...my email is in my profile.

Comment

I,ve got a single in single out magnaflow muffler and it's sweet. It's louder than a stock super sport at idle (side by side a 35th) and sounds like a Le Mans race car at high rpm's. Not quite rice. Car sounds very strong. Especially for a 3.4. Sorry no sound clips.
                  1994 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L A4 (160hp 200tq)<br />2006 Nissan 350Z 3.5L M6 (300hp 260tq)

Comment

I am telling you, I don't know who started the Magnaflow sucks campaign but its pretty good. I like it better than flowmaster. I have heard a lot of camaros with exhaust on them too. I did a lot of looking before I bought mine. I was pissed when I first got it, but a week later, it was awesome. Now its even better.
                    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

yeah i know,.. every magnaflow ive heard sounds bad @ss (never heeard the 3.8 w/magnaflow) so i cant argue.

Comment

Check my post, I just put a clip up!
                        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

sounds good to me,.. sounds better than 80% of the V6s ive heard

Comment

I'll get a clip of my flows up for ya later tonight...you'll hear a better exhaust! Now I gotta find my good ol $5 recorder... :cool:

Comment

ok I recorded the clip but two problems...

1) I need a place to host the file

2) I need to get it on my computer. My sound card has the normal size connector (1/8th) but my recorder has an even smaller one (1/16th). Any ideas how to get around this? Should I go to RadioShack and by the stupid converter?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X