Hood lies on my CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood lies on my CAI

Just installed my CAI-from SLP. Everyting is fine on it with this one exception; the hood lies right on top of the intake-should I worry about this? If I should is there any way to take care of it?
    -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

soo...............
    -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

The Intake must not be installed right. AKA, that metal tab might not be into the Slot far enough. There is really no way for the hood to be in the wrong position as compared to where the intake would be, so how you installed the intake must be the problem.
      1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Yeah...let me put it short for you
        The CAI should be going UNDER the lid and the hood shouldn't be anywheres near rubbing the lid
        Maybe explain how you put it in...cause...its wrong
        Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Floyd, I have a 96, so no lid. But it lies just a little bit, the metal piece is slid all the way down. How much clerance do you have on yours Distephano?

Comment

Originally posted by Christian:
            Floyd, I have a 96, so no lid. But it lies just a little bit, the metal piece is slid all the way down. How much clerance do you have on yours Distephano?
            Sorry, I can't tell ya right now. The engine is out of my car and the hood is next to it. If I remember right, it didn't even press on the hood pad when I had it in there though.

You know the metal slot that the tab on the side of the CAI slides into? (Where the old air box was?) Make sure it sits all the way down in that. Thats really the only thing I could think of that would make a differance. If the tab is bottomed out in that slot, maybe you can take a file or hack saw and modify that slot to let the tab drop in there farther.
            1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Distephano:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Christian:
              Sorry, I can't tell ya right now. The engine is out of my car and the hood is next to it. If I remember right, it didn't even press on the hood pad when I had it in there though.

You know the metal slot that the tab on the side of the CAI slides into? (Where the old air box was?) Make sure it sits all the way down in that. Thats really the only thing I could think of that would make a differance. If the tab is bottomed out in that slot, maybe you can take a file or hack saw and modify that slot to let the tab drop in there farther.
              </font>[/QUOTE]Ya that's what I was thinking, but it only sits on the hood pad slightly, like enough to where you have to give a little "snap" when you close the hood. Typically I just lie it on there and apply a lil' but of pressure and that's all it takes. I may be super concious about it because it seems too good to be true, I can feel a HUGE difference with it on in comparison to the stock sh(t. Anyway man, thanks for anything you post that either helps or makes me think more to help it also bruh.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X