borla proxs vs. dynomax super turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• borla proxs vs. dynomax super turbo

which is better toned? louder? etc. i got a dynomax Super turbo now, it rusted through and is going back for replacement, considering selling the replacement for maybe a borla, curious how the sound compares

Re: borla proxs vs. dynomax super turbo

You've got two of the best sounding mufflers for these cars... I have A dynomax super turbo 3" in and out, no cat, and a diesel race muffler at the ypipe. No complaints. Depending on the style of each, one will be louder. If price is any concern, I'd stay with dynomax. I've loved every bit of mine sine I got it. But I've told bolas sound amazing on a true dual setup, but again money.

Comment

My borla pro xs sounds awesome, not very loud but great tone.

Comment

i like my dynomax, it's fairly loud, better than stock atleast, but I've heard that the Borla XR-1s are loud, and the proXS is quiet. I just didn't want to get the ProXS if it's quieter than the dynomax.

plus the proXS is only 30 dollars more than the dynomax super turbo off summit, not a huge price difference.

Comment

Originally posted by akcamaro02 View Post
          i like my dynomax, it's fairly loud, better than stock atleast, but I've heard that the Borla XR-1s are loud, and the proXS is quiet. I just didn't want to get the ProXS if it's quieter than the dynomax.

plus the proXS is only 30 dollars more than the dynomax super turbo off summit, not a huge price difference.
          which pro xs are you looking at? there almost $300 new unless you find a deal on one.

all stock, no cat

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

cammed and headers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ikhWp1FWtM

Comment

I have a Dynomax race muffler , which is pretty loud.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I love my Dynomax, but I have a cutout if I want it to actually be loud.

Comment

I have a borla and it's alright(it's the only muffler I've have)
                I have a cutout as well for fun purposes :naughty:

Comment

Ive got a pypes racepro. Cheap, stainless, quiet unless you romp on it. Its a V6 car its not going to sound great anywhere but idle.

Comment

you get what you pay for, and borla is worth every dime. they flow well, are great quality and materials, and sound great. if you dont want too loud, go with the pro-xs setup or dual out and throw in an electric cutout to turn up the rumble when you want it.

i had a full exhaust with pacesetter headers and stainless borla dual out with a high-flow cat and cutout open at all times, and every time i drove the car i got compliments on how good it sounded.
                    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

I love my borla catback. I run it on open plate and sounds great. The quality too is unbeatable.

Comment

I have a Dynomax muffler on my truck and love it also. not too loud just about right.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yeah i have right now just exhaust up to the axle, the muffler is getting sent back to summit and I gotta say other than everything inside the car shaking, i am getting used to the sound w/o the muffler :) although others(family and neighbors) aren't a fan lol

i think i'm gonna stick with the dynomax, it's not terribly loud but definantely better than stock.
                          I may have to take the time to invest into an E-cutout before the axle too, but am not sure if those are legal in missouri.

Comment

I have a Dynomax bullet that came with my rumbler. I also have 3 in highflow magnaflow cat with pacesetters and my setup is unbelievably loud lol. I will probably trade up for a borla soon.

Comment

Or get a full chambered muffler...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X