rattling under car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rattling under car

So it sounds like a lose bolt or nut, but my collectors on my headers are tight as is everything else. I thought about the rattle being a bad cat, but my cat is only a year and half old. What do you guys think, or should I just take it to my exhaust shop and have them look at it?

Re: rattling under car

Ever since I replaced my cat the rattling never went away. It only happens when I cruise below 1200rpm.

Comment

The rattling didn't start till about 2 weeks ago. I can hear it when I'm idling, when I'm just starting up out of 1st gear, and like you said cruising at low rpm. It's been getting louder too, I'm determined to figure this out cause it's bugging the crap out of me.

Comment

Check heat shields.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
          Check heat shields.
          X2 in heat shields maybe CAT.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
            Check heat shields.
            x3 on that one of mine from the fuel pump swap i did raddels on my car but it dont bother me lol

Comment

Heat shield seems to be the unanimous diagnosis, so I will check that and let you guys know haha

Comment

Also check that exhaust crossmember under the cat. I didnt realize I bottomed out with my stock ride height and bent it up to where it was rattling on my exhaust. Gave me hell.

Comment

So I took it to my exhaust shop and they said I had 2 broken hangers and my cat was deteriorating. I had them fix the hangers, but I'll order another cat, hopefully the last one I'll have to order.

Comment

What would you guys suggest for a high flow? How does something like this look?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-59959/overview/

Comment

http://www.magnaflow.com/02catalytic...versal=99306HM

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X