codes being thrown, PCM tune to fix? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

codes being thrown, PCM tune to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• codes being thrown, PCM tune to fix?

i've done a lot of air intake and exhause mods, and i'm always getting codes thrown; either the cat code 420, or lean 171/173.
    My mechanic said to have the pcm tuned (thinking of sending it to pcmforless) and that should help with the issues.
    My sensors have been replaced too.

Is he right?
    i would hate to send off my pcm (though i'm sure i would like the results) and still have code issues - the main reason for sending it in the first place.

Re: codes being thrown, PCM tune to fix?

If your going to delete the cat then getting rid of the 420 code would do, but I wouldn't delete the other codes, you have something else going wrong.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

That low price for a tune sounds pretty good at first, but how many times are you gonna have to do it? This is the last time I'm suggesting it, HPtuners.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

X2 on Hptuners if your keeping the car awhile.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

do not tune out the lean code, kick your mechanic in the balls(or vagina) and get hptuners.

Comment

sure, i'll go down to my local hptuners shop and have it looked at.

Comment

Why do people ask questions if they've already made up their minds? You've got 3 experienced guys on this forum giving you good advice. If you don't like the answer, go to some other forum that doesn't know jack, where they can sell you a JET chip to "solve" your problems. Btw, I have a Jet Chip I'll sell you. Easy install man, instant 15 horse power.

btw, if for whatever reason that wasn't sarcasm.. just disregard this post...

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                Why do people ask questions if they've already made up their minds? You've got 3 experienced guys on this forum giving you good advice. If you don't like the answer, go to some other forum that doesn't know jack, where they can sell you a JET chip to "solve" your problems. Btw, I have a Jet Chip I'll sell you. Easy install man, instant 15 horse power.

btw, if for whatever reason that wasn't sarcasm.. just disregard this post...
                LOLZ
                Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X