ChromeIntakes CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChromeIntakes CAI

I purchased and installed a ChromeIntakes CAI last night on my Camaro. For the price I don't think this can be beat. It is solidly constructed and fits together nice. It is a very tight fit getting it in and I challenge someone to install it without scratching it. Also be careful when installing the IAT sensor and don't knock the the iat grommet inside or you will have to take the tubes back apart. :slap: All in all it took around an hour and I am pleased with the results. Hopefully it does increase mph and decrease et's.

Re: ChromeIntakes CAI

Might wanna mention that it's for 93-97 eh?

Comment

Looks good. How much did it cost you?
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro
      L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Yeah sorry about that it is a 97 and it cost $52 off of ebay. My question is should I make a block off plate to seal it from the engine bay? If so where will it get air from? Should I remove the bottom plastic shield under the car?

Comment

Don't remove the panel under the car. Its not a bad idea to make a block off plate, my SLP intake came with one. That's a good price, I think I paid around $300 for mine :twak:
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro
          L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

If I block it off and don't remove the panel is there somewhere else the car will get air from? Is there a duct in front? thanks

Comment

there should be plenty of area from there that intake will get the air from don't worrie about it.

Comment

I had one in my bird (99) . I liked the way it looked but it sucked up too much debri and and water. It dirtied up my MAF screen and sensor. Keep an eye on the filter and your MAF. I tried a different filter and still happened ...it just took longer. Good Luck With It.

[/IMG]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X