V6 3" Catback on LS1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 3" Catback on LS1?

My car came.with a V6 and I'm swapping to a 5.3.

My car is a Y87 and has a performance exhaust from the factory so I have two questions.

If I bought a catback made for.the V6 would there be any reprucussion using it on my new motor!? What if I just go with 3" piping to my stock Y87 muffler and have it honed out?
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: V6 3&quot; Catback on LS1?

the y87 "performance exhaust" is a dual outlet muffler.... i'm pretty sure thats good for about as much horsepower or flow as a nice little shocker sticker on your back bumper. i'd trash the exhaust. and do the 3" with a bullet muffler. if its too loud for your taste you could go with the muffler of your choice but you want a 3"in/out or dual out i've never heard of honing out a muffler.

Comment

why not just drop the money for a catback and avoid the hassle. if youre going to go thru the trouble of buying piping for a new exhaust you might as well just get a nice catback IMO.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
        why not just drop the money for a catback and avoid the hassle. if youre going to go thru the trouble of buying piping for a new exhaust you might as well just get a nice catback IMO.
        I was only wondering what would happen. I COULD buy a new LS1 catback but I'm trying to avoid it. Either going used catback or.custom.
        1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

The factory Y87 "performance" exhaust isn't even adequate enough for the 3800. If you could find a factory Camaro SS or Firebird WS6 catback, it would be a decent enough system but still restrictive. I'd hit eBay to see if you could find someone selling a used aftermarket system.

Comment

Originally posted by r_simmonds View Post
            The factory Y87 "performance" exhaust isn't even adequate enough for the 3800. If you could find a factory Camaro SS or Firebird WS6 catback, it would be a decent enough system but still restrictive. I'd hit eBay to see if you could find someone selling a used aftermarket system.
            thats a load of crap. its plenty fine for a 3800. ws6 and ss systems are more than sufficent as well. i know a whole crap load of people running stock catback exhausts on built motors and they make over 400 at the wheels no problem (ls1,2 3 and 7 a couple lq4s and 9s in there while we're at it). they throw in a cutout for the track and thats about it. 2.75 on a v8 is just fine. 3inch is nice to have but the difference is almost negligible. they just sound better for obvious reasons. unless youre running TDs its all just about the same when it comes to exhuasts on a v8.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X