make your own austin ram air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make your own austin ram air

Does any one have any experience making an Austin super sucker ram air kit at home? Seems like a great air scoop but not sure I wanna spend a couple bills to buy something I could make at home. any suggestions?

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...mages/SSRA.JPG

Re: make your own austin ram air

I've seen something like that browsing the web before, there was a "how-to" and everything just keep searching I've contemplated this as well. I believe the guy used sheet metal and rivited the metal together. Pretty simple and cheap project. Just gotta be careful with puddles I'd say, a good deep puddle would destroy that whole setup. Then again I don't think too many F-body owners are that big of boneheads to venture through "street lakes" lol

Comment

Re: make your own austin ram air

Honestly, those won't help as much as a whisper air lid. You really just want to get rid of the stock baffles that sit behind the radiator and come up with a smooth pipe between the lid and throttle body. Ram air is a gimmick in my opinion since most of us want the most power we can get from a stop, and since ram air doesn't really help till you're going about 100 it's just excess weight.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X