header questions before install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header questions before install

so im getting some pacesetter headers int he coming weeks, i just had a few questions before i install them. so i think im going with felpro gaskets and im going to replace the header bolts with some grade8 bolts. my questions are where can i get a egr gasket, should i get the copper gasket maker or spray, and should they be used on egr, header gasket, and the the ball flanges? also what clamps should i use to connect the y-pipe to the stock cat pipe, i dont plan on taking to the shop to get it welded. thanks guys
    Last edited by kylerobison; 05-10-2012, 01:42 PM.

Re: header questions before install

You're going headers... into a stock catback?

Comment

I couldn't find a gasket for the egr tube so I got a sheet of gasket material and made my own. A lot of people will recomend the copper spray but I havnt used it and have no problems. As for the ball flanges I don't know what to do, I have an exhaust leak there that I might use some copper rtv on to try and fix it.
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro
      L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
        You're going headers... into a stock catback?
        No im just not replacing my cat right now. I have magnaflow cat back

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X