Question/ Advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question/ Advice.

So long story short I bought a Borla Pro XS on sale a couple weeks before Christmas, went a few days ago to have it installed, before I went to the exhaust shop I opened the box to check out the muffler and well my dumba$$ ordered the wrong one:spank: :mad: So Im going to send it back to SummitRacing and get the correct one, but I dont want to pay $250 for the one I need as I dont really have alot of extra cash as Im trying to pay bills and build my other car. Im looking at a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler instead of the Borla, Ive watched a few videos of Camaros with the Dynomax and they seem raspy except for Warstrikes car cause hes running long tubes. Now since I have a Magna High flow cat will that cut some of the rasp out? Is there something else I can put in that will cut down the rasp besides headers of course?

Thanks guys.
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: Question/ Advice.

Get your money back and buy mine. $180 shipped. http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...ight=borla+pro
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

I really want a Borla set up on this car, I think I will. Ill keep you posted bro.
      3M MAFIA
      ________
      sigpic

Comment

Right on. If you want pics I can text them or email them to you.
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro
        L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

PM sent mang.
          3M MAFIA
          ________
          sigpic

Comment

Wait wait wait. Dynomax seems raspy? I don't even have a cat and there isn;t any rasp, unless I'm just sitting and rev past like 4500.

Comment

I never had any rasp with the dynomax super turbo muffler.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It may just be from the awesome quality on youtube, but Ive heard your car Docta and it sounds awesome and I also have a Dynomax cat back on my other car but I havent heard her in over a year :( so I dont really remember what it really sounds like. I just dont want a rasp mobile, you know. But Im planning on getting Espeys Borla after I sell some parts tomorrow and if for some reason it falls through, Ill be getting a Dyno super turbo.

Maybe its just my computer but this sounds super raspy and hes not even reving that much http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImHDCqVuPk
                3M MAFIA
                ________
                sigpic

Comment

^^ that's sounds awful, just get the Borla you won't regret it.

Comment

I never go by videos they never sound as good in real life.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

My dynomax super turbo rasps if I shift at 3 grand. I hate it. I think its because I'm running stock piping to a 2 1/2" muffler though.
                      1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

My super turbo is temperamental. Sometimes, especially if I let the car warm up at idle for a long time or on warmer days, it sounds bloody brilliant. Other times it's sound a little raspy and tinny.

Comment

Espey hit it... mine sounds good because I'm running a 3" diesel bullet race muffler at the y pipe, 3" piping all the way back to the 3" muffler... no cats, only 3 bends.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                            Espey hit it... mine sounds good because I'm running a 3" diesel bullet race muffler at the y pipe, 3" piping all the way back to the 3" muffler... no cats, only 3 bends.
                            It sounds good because of the big @ss diesel resonator.lol

Comment

The resonator is like 4-6" long though?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X