TB or TB Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB or TB Adapter

Not sure if this is right forum, if not, can a mod please move it for me.....
    I have a 98 Firebird 3.8 v6 with the Curved Neck Intake
    I am wanting to put the 99 Firebird 3.8 v6 Straight Neck Intake on my bird, but i still want to use my 98 TB, cuz my car doesnt have the Drive-By-Wire.
    Is there a place to buy an adapter to be able to use my 98 TB onto the 99 Intake, or is therea place i can buy a TB that will bolt onto the 99 Intake and still use my 98 TB electronics and cable?

Re: TB or TB Adapter

I think you might need a different throttle body if you do it. From what I have seen the 99+ cars don't have the fittings for an iac vavle or anything else on the manifold like on the earlier ones. I do, however, believe that a gtp's throttle body does have these fittings. So you might be able to pull it off with one of those throttle bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by joesperformance View Post
      Not sure if this is right forum, if not, can a mod please move it for me.....
      I have a 98 Firebird 3.8 v6 with the Curved Neck Intake
      I am wanting to put the 99 Firebird 3.8 v6 Straight Neck Intake on my bird, but i still want to use my 98 TB, cuz my car doesnt have the Drive-By-Wire.
      Is there a place to buy an adapter to be able to use my 98 TB onto the 99 Intake, or is therea place i can buy a TB that will bolt onto the 99 Intake and still use my 98 TB electronics and cable?

No - there is no adapter. 96-98 TB will not work on a 99+ UIM do to the 99+ not having a IAC valve "hole".

And a GTP TB will not bolt on either.

Nor is there an aftermarket TB.

This has been discussed over and over.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

SORRY

I looked over site and didnt find anything on this, thus reason I made a thread

Comment

SORRY

I looked over site and didnt find anything on this, thus reason I made a thread

No reason to be sorry.

Let me however say, that I want the same for my 96 and am actively working on a solution - which I will share when it's workable.

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
            No reason to be sorry.

Let me however say, that I want the same for my 96 and am actively working on a solution - which I will share when it's workable.

Awesome, yea, if we could come up wiht something, i think it'd be a big hit with the pre-99 guys....

im also lookin into maybe a ZZP L26 Intake swap with the L26 to L36 TB Adapter, to be able to use the pre-99 TB....

not totally sure it will work, but i guess its a start to finding a solution and if it does work, i think its well worth the $180.

Comment

Awesome, yea, if we could come up wiht something, i think it'd be a big hit with the pre-99 guys....

im also lookin into maybe a ZZP L26 Intake swap with the L26 to L36 TB Adapter, to be able to use the pre-99 TB....

not totally sure it will work, but i guess its a start to finding a solution and if it does work, i think its well worth the $180.
              Already looked into that - won't fit.

I've been working on this for some time. Have purchased all kinds of parts - only way to do this is some custom fab. Lot's of issues that are not obvious until you start trying to mate parts.

Raven

Comment

dang, we'll at least u saved me $180 then, lol.....

ill see what else i can find, ive also contact some machine shops and performance specialty shops about making an adapter plate to go from the 99 intake to the 98 TB, once i hear something, ill let u know

Comment

dang, we'll at least u saved me $180 then, lol.....

ill see what else i can find, ive also contact some machine shops and performance specialty shops about making an adapter plate to go from the 99 intake to the 98 TB, once i hear something, ill let u know
                  OK - let's get this straight right now - you CAN NOT use a stock F-body 95-98 TB on a 99+ UIM. Just can't. The 99+ UIM has NO IAC valve port. Not needed when you have an elecronic TB.

So - you first need to figure out how to that solve problem.

Raven

Comment

it can be done and has been done, here's a pic....

Comment

it can be done and has been done, here's a pic....

What? Him AGAIN? The village idiot?

NOT - that is pure BS - a non-running engine. He and his "mechanic" were both banned from this site. That car STILL in not running.

Here's the thread.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...=102218&page=6

Last edited by FirebirdGT; 12-08-2011, 07:19 PM.

Raven

Comment

I didnt know about any of that....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X