95 camaro 3.8 vac problem,help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 camaro 3.8 vac problem,help

I just got my camaro back with a new engine and i started hearing strange noises coming from the oil cap and when i took it off while runing ti is sucking alot of air from there tried replacing pcv valve with no help,any ideas would be apprecated.

Re: 95 camaro 3.8 vac problem,help

It's pulling air in?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Install a breather instead of the cap, either the PCV is plugged or you have a major problem.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Sounds like the PCV is not functioning correctly, verify that you have it installed in the correct orientation. I assume that this is "at idle", Gonna guess that the PCV is stuck in the open position, at ilde the vacum generated should move the PCV to the closed position. At WOT the lack of vacum will allow the PCV to open which evacuates the crankcase gasses. If you find that this is not the case, maybe you have an intake gasket that did not seat well that is allowing one of the runners to pull air from the crankcase into the intake tract.
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro View Post
          Sounds like the PCV is not functioning correctly, verify that you have it installed in the correct orientation. I assume that this is "at idle", Gonna guess that the PCV is stuck in the open position, at ilde the vacum generated should move the PCV to the closed position. At WOT the lack of vacum will allow the PCV to open which evacuates the crankcase gasses. If you find that this is not the case, maybe you have an intake gasket that did not seat well that is allowing one of the runners to pull air from the crankcase into the intake tract.
          pulled the intake,replaced all the gaskets,replaced pcv for the third time and it lasted about a day and back to the same ol thing it runs as good as always did just builds vac on idle after a few seconds.I give up on the car and am parting out if anyone needs parts there up for grabs stripping everything at this time

Comment

Originally posted by fasttimes1975 View Post
            pulled the intake,replaced all the gaskets,replaced pcv for the third time and it lasted about a day and back to the same ol thing it runs as good as always did just builds vac on idle after a few seconds.I give up on the car and am parting out if anyone needs parts there up for grabs stripping everything at this time
            thanks for all the help everybody!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X