New cat or headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cat or headers?

I already have a borla exhaust and an slp intake and lid, but now I need to decide what's next. Should I go ahead and get a high flow cat, or save up a little more and get headers first?

Re: New cat or headers?

On a 02 headers have a smaller effect than on earlier years. Cat isn't worth much either.

Comment

Headers.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Which one would have more effect on how loud the exhaust is? Because the Borla on its own is very quiet. My guess would be headers?

Comment

i love 02 manifolds

Comment

Depending on which headers you get, the exhaust leaks could make it louder :)

Comment

Originally posted by 02firebird View Post
              Which one would have more effect on how loud the exhaust is? Because the Borla on its own is very quiet. My guess would be headers?
              The cat would probably increase sound more than the headers, but when you put the headers on your going to have to re-plumb some of the exhaust anyway. I would save yourself a little hassle and just save up for both. The collector on the Y-pipe of the headers should be 3". It makes sense to put a 3" in/out cat on that. Personally I would run 3" all the way. Do you have a 2.5" Borla?

Comment

Ya, the Borla is 2.5" all the way back.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
                  The cat would probably increase sound more than the headers, but when you put the headers on your going to have to re-plumb some of the exhaust anyway. I would save yourself a little hassle and just save up for both. The collector on the Y-pipe of the headers should be 3". It makes sense to put a 3" in/out cat on that. Personally I would run 3" all the way. Do you have a 2.5" Borla?

X2 , do both at the same time.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

headers, scrap the cat.
                    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
                    15.11@91.14
                    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X