Cat and intake q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat and intake q's

I know there is the high flow cat thread directly before this but I had some more specific questions.

If I purchased a cat that had no honeycomb in it (like the fake one) and a simulator would that pass emissions? I live in Arizona so if I could get some input from a first-hand Arizonan. ;)

I think they do visual check. So that'd be good. But I think they do a wand test. Input??

Also, I just shaved the fins off the intake lid thing and the next thing I want to do is the air box silencer thing delete. Is that what makes the intake breathing noise better?

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Re: Cat and intake q's

As far as the emissions testing goes, I can't help you, I have had no cat since 2007! Living in Alabama has its perks!

The silencer delete will make it sound better, and flow a bit better, probably not anything that you will feel, but I love the sound.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

If your car is OBDII and it does not set an engine code you will be fine.
      Speaking from personal experience. Havent had a cat on my car for like 5 years and every year it passes. They plug in their thing into the obd port and im out of there in less then 5 min.

I have longtube headers, true duals dumped before the axle, and no EGR. No problems

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Meatyshells, are you in AZ?

Comment

Just get a high flow cat, a "gutless" cat will make it more raspy. As for the silencer delete, I felt better throttle response, and it feels to pick up better (maybe its just me IDK) and it sounds awesome at WOT.
          3M MAFIA
          ________
          | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
          Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I would get a high flow. Not a gutted. And yeah I want to hear this noise everyone likes. :)

Comment

Here is what I have found. For AZ... it says this. It'd be the fourth row down area A. HTTP://1.USA.gov/usQNRq all of that seems like no wand on the tailpipe or any of that but tampering check.. that means visually id have to have something there, correct?

Input?

Comment

I've always preffered the sound of no cat and a muffler, with the right exhaust setup on these cars you wont have rasp anyway. I live in Illinois and have no emissions tests. No cat for years now :D
                auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
                15.11@91.14
                Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Yeah. That's what I like as well. I love the sound of no cat. Just need to figure out the issue first. I don't know if they wand it or not. Based on that URL they don't, I believe.

Comment

yeah i live in arizona, if you dont have any lights on in your dash, you pass.
                    No inspection. Our cars are too low and they dont care

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Sweet thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X