high flow cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high flow cat

I'm gettin ready to buy a high flow cat, wanted to get one with the same I/O size as stock. can't find anywhere what those sizes are. If I remember right it's 3" I/O, anyone confirm?

Re: high flow cat

the stock Cat is 3" in and out. It has a a reducer about 1/2 inch after the exit that goes down to 2.5 then another that goes to 2.25. you might aswell do the 3" S-pipe at the same time. Magnaflow cats work and sound great and you can find them for around $60 online like on ZZPerformance.com

S-pipe
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=67580

Comment

so whats better? Having a 3" I/O cat reduce into a 2.5" s-pipe or 2.5" I/O cat that goes into 2.5" piping?

Comment

Im think the stock cat is 2 1/2 in and 2 1/4 out... I am, however, positive it is not 3" in/out.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

i measured it once before I coulda sworn it's 3" at the manifold collector and going into the cat and comes outta the cat at 3" and drops to 2 1/4" but this is exactly why i wanted to ask before I buy lol

Comment

Go to Magnaflow's site and they should have it listed there.

2.5"i/o for 99206hm.
            Last edited by enzia35; 10-22-2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

I believe you're correct. The collector on mine was 3". The outlet definitely was not. More D than O shaped though. I have a 3" race muffler in place of my cat and it welded up nicely.

Comment

The shop can adjust I/O to your exhaust.

Comment

mine is and still is 3 in and 3 out then goes to 2 1/4. i blew the stock catalytic with the supercharger and now blew the high flow one. going full 3 inch now.

Comment

depending on what I can find on the net here, I'll prob go with a 3" I/O and have them replace the current 2-1/4" S-pipe with 2-1/2" since all the piping after that is that size. If I can't find a good priced 3", I'll get a 2-1/2" and just do that size all the way back..Still contemplating on a cutout before the axle or not...heard mixed results..

Comment

Better yet, repace everything with 3".

Comment

i aint got that much money. plus the piping, muffler, and tips are in like new condition..bought them about 2 years ago.

Comment

Ok getting ready to order 3" cat, was planning on replacing the current 2-1/4" s-pipe with 3", noticed that Thunderbolt makes this same cat with and without an o2 bung. Would it be better to get the one with the bung and basically be moving the sensor closer to the cat? will this be more likely to throw a code? or should I keep it in the s-pipe and just have the shop install a bung in the new piping.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Catalytic-...item2eb8b3580b
                            No bung

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Thunderbol...item2eb8b357f3

with bung

Comment

O2 simulator without a bung.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X