Sound clip, FINALLY.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sound clip, FINALLY.

No, I got it bumped up to 3" when I got home from my trip back in July.

Comment

sounds alright, magna provides a more appealing sound imo.

but it doesn't really sound any different then a camaro with just a cat back and such. your car is pretty stock right?
      Last edited by ACiFiC; 10-20-2011, 05:16 PM.
      Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
      1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
      1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
      2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

dam sounds great, i was thinking of not going to 3 inch so it wont get so raspy but your car sounds great. ill see if i use the same set up.

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
          sounds alright, magna provides a more appealing sound imo.

but it doesn't really sound any different then a camaro with just a cat back and such. your car is pretty stock right?
          Yes it is. Just intake&exhaust. But I ran Magnaflow before this one, and it's night and day. The old one sounded NASTY- not in a good way.
          Originally posted by 97RSSM90 View Post
          dam sounds great, i was thinking of not going to 3 inch so it wont get so raspy but your car sounds great. ill see if i use the same set up.
          honestly, I don't even have a cat, and it only rasps if I'm parked. It rasped more with smaller piping.

Comment

Once my converter is up at the max stall rating or in lockout, no rasp at all. It's just very smooth. I have full 3" off the y-pipe through a high flow cat and dual out 3" tips. I have yet to find a proper dual slash cut tip with 3" inlet that I like.

Originally posted by Enzia35
            Wasn't comparing prices, just a comment on how it sounded. Mine was too much, 640 for headers, 100 for cat, 450 I think for catback.
            What headers do you have on your car or was that for a custom set?

Comment

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WL...n/?prefilter=0

was this the muffler u got or a different part number? i dont see any that's for our cars that are 3 inch.

Comment

I got like from Steve, or smss on here. Try The dynomax website though.

Comment

That's the muffler I use.

The shop had to do the tailpipes for me as I couldn't find anything that was a direct fit.

From my post on FTV6:

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
                  So I finally got a different catback to replace the TSP Rumbler. The wife complained a bit too often even when I'd drive trying to be mellow and not let it go over 3K rpms (no small feat with a 3800 stall).

I decided to start putting together a catback with the 13secV6 catback as a guideline. The serial numbers have changed since that thread was started, so I'll try and give you my best finds. I must note that I had to have a new y-pipe fabricated to work as the slip-fit setup as I got rid of the v-band setup as they were constantly snagging on things.

I did make a departure as the Summit Turbo Muffler had the dual out on the same side of the muffler instead of being a transverse setup. I went with a Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler that was 3" inlet and 3" dual outlet in transverse location. I couldn't find any 3" tailpipes to use, but figured I'd just have it done at the exhaust shop.

Parts:
                  Flowmaster 3" intermediate pipe: FLO-26087
                  Dynomax 3" Axle cross over pipe: WLK-53061
                  Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler: WLK-17670

Impressions:
                  Very mellow startup that still has a nice rumble compared to stock but won't attract too much attention with the cutout closed. It gives the car more of the grainy V6 sound instead of the scream from the Rumbler. I can carry on a conversation with my wife and the radio going without too much issue. No drone either inside the cabin.
                  I can also go WOT without people half a mile away knowing I'm coming.

This will offer much more of a sleeper standard for me which is what I liked. It sounded like I was trying to race everybody with the Rumbler, though I was part throttle all the time.
                  I will also say that around 1700-2000 rpms is the sweet spot on where the car sounds really nice. It's just a crisp, clean sound that I haven't heard on any other car. Granted I have a bit of mods that might influence that sound some, but I enjoy hearing the car with the windows down around that point.

Comment

Sorry war, it's the CIA headers. Went in perfect.

Comment

thanks for everything guys

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X