02 sim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 sim

quick question, does the 02 after the cat in any way affect engine performance. I was talking to the guy at the exhaust shop about putting one in and he said that its fine if i just do it for emissions but not good if i leave it in because it works in conjunction with the o2s by the manifolds and tells the engine if its running too lean or rich?? is he right i thought it didnt affect it

Re: 02 sim

It doesn't do anything you can tune it out or use a sim.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have a sim in mine...

Comment

thats what i thought but he says if i put the sim its going to be sending a wrong reading to the engine saying its fine when its actually running too lean or too rich but isnt that what the o2s by the manifolds are for?

Comment

The sim reads nothing but perfect codes. It tells the PCM that the rear o2 is reading exactly what the front o2's are putting into it.

Comment

The post cat O2 sensor simply tells the pcm if the cat is functioning properly.

Comment

ok so anyone know where i can get a good one?

Comment

Instead of buying an O2 sim, you could get a spark plug non-fouler instead: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/2299...st__p__4367609

Comment

http://www.speedinc.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=Exhaust

Exact link to where I got mine... They're a bit more than half way down the page. I'm going on 12k miles on it, no issues.

Comment

tried the link Docta but the page made me put in year and model car but no spot for v6s just the TA/V8s

Comment

I see. Then put your year in... o2's are all the same. If they're 4 prong they'll fit.

Comment

Im running one in place of that O2 sensor with no problems, that guy dosent know what hes talking about. I know 3800 Permornace sells them, although I think I bought mine http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/o2sim.html

Pretty positive thats the one I used, with no complaints

Comment

I got mine from zzperformance.com

Comment

thanks guy i thought it was just bs and now i know it was. Thanks for your help im trying to get this to come together right

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                              Hello everyone!
                              by Andy H
                              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                              3 weeks ago
                            • 3.4 slow to go
                              hey there strangers!
                              by 3.4 slow to go
                              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X