Stage 8 bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 8 bolts

I'm going to be doing plugs on my 3.8 bird. I've been thinking since I'm under the car I want to replace the nuts on the headers. Is there an advantage to stage 8?

If there is, where I get these for my V6?

Re: Stage 8 bolts

Unless you have a reason to take off those nuts I wouldn't suggest doing it since you can run into more of a problem than you might want to deal with. Anyways, do a google search for "locking header bolts". The advantage is that they won't come loose because you usually have to retighten them after a drive or two.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

if you aren't replacing with headers, just leave them alone. No reason to switch out if you have stock manifolds on there yet. Just asking for headaches when you snap one of the studs off in the head
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Summit Racing has them

Comment

autozone will have some... also grade 8 bolts are not neccessary.... they are more for strength, not heating conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
            autozone will have some... also grade 8 bolts are not neccessary.... they are more for strength, not heating conditions.
            Stage 8 is a company that makes header bolts, as well as a number of other bolts. The OP was not meaning grade 8 bolts.

Comment

I would'nt worry about them if you have pacesetters, I bought some but the header primarys are to small and dont come into contact with locks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X