Anyone running 3" over axle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running 3" over axle?

If so.. pics please? I can't get a shop to help me with it for my life... three of them have told me that they would if there was a pic to base it off. So right now I've got 3" Y pipe, down to 2.25" from y to muffler, 3" muffler and 3" output pipe.. wtf kinda retarded shop does that!? That's what I get for trusting my father to do something...

Re: Anyone running 3" over axle?

The stock V8 pipe over the axle is 2.75. They could have at least bent that.
    sigpic

Comment

Summit sells a 3" over the axle piece for like $50.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

This is good to know... this one? http://m.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-53303
        Last edited by Docta; 06-24-2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
          This is good to know... this one? http://m.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-53303

Thats it but 3".
          Last edited by ssms5411; 06-24-2011, 09:19 PM.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

^the one he posted is 2.5 inch,

3" over the axle pipe
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
              ^the one he posted is 2.5 inch,

3" over the axle pipe
              Thats true , they make a 3'' for the same price and same CO. Dynomax.

Comment

Sounds good. Looks like I've got the easy way out on that one... does it not bang against the supports and whatnot.. my system has always banged since I got the car..

Comment

No banging , Its mandrel bent so it fits nice and tight in there I still have mine sitting in the shed.

Comment

Wanna get rid of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                      Wanna get rid of it...
                      I would but shipping would be a B!tch , I wouldn't make anything , Summit is probably the cheapest, Plus who knows I might go with a full exhaust in the future.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info though.

Comment

This is the only picture I can find of mine (doesn't show a whole lot.) It is a mendrel bent 3". I don't think it's the same dynomax part that you guys have listed. Not sure where the exhaust shop got it, but it doesn't seem to hit anywhere.

Comment

it'll work, tell your guys to get you set up. i'm running a full 3" stainless borla exhaust over the axle and it fits in there nice and snug, but no issues whatsoever.
                            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                              Hello everyone!
                              by Andy H
                              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                              4 weeks ago
                            • 3.4 slow to go
                              hey there strangers!
                              by 3.4 slow to go
                              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X