X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Side exaust?????

Comment

You could totally pull those off if you were good at fabrication. And wanted no clearance at all.

Comment

^yea i like my ground clearance.

Comment

This would be sick if you could pull it off, and didnt like ground clearance.
          Originally posted by Unique96Camaro View Post
          3M MAFIA
          ________
          | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
          Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8lcoty View Post
            i mean the pics are pretty inspiring when no one else with a fbody has it done
            You're not looking hard enough if you think no one's done this before. Might want to look around on LS1tech a bit first. Boom tubes are the popular way to go for that.

Is someone seriously trying to make their car look like a catfish?

Personally, I think that's ugly and ruins ground clearance. Also what about the soot or risk of burning your feet? I wouldn't wear flip flops anywhere near that.
            '99 Camaro
            '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
            '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I think theres no need for a side exhaust on a 3.8 just becuase you won't be able to fit a good size muffler to reduce the noise , which will be loud. I can see it being done on the back half but thats about it.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I fit a dynomax super turbo muffler where the cat would normally be. Sounds great with a turbo.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  I think theres no need for a side exhaust on a 3.8 just becuase you won't be able to fit a good size muffler to reduce the noise , which will be loud. I can see it being done on the back half but thats about it.
                  I always thought it'd be funny to run a cutout from a turbo downpipe out the side vent on the Firebird fender. You could drive and cook hot dogs at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
                    I always thought it'd be funny to run a cutout from a turbo downpipe out the side vent on the Firebird fender. You could drive and cook hot dogs at the same time

Thats a good idea , on the Camaro it wouldn't work well but the Firebird would be cool.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X