spark plug non fouler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plug non fouler

anyone play around with these? or use them for bungs? anything?

I picked one up while looking for o2 bungs. lol but i think i will either return it or cut off the non fouler part of it and just use it as a bung. i know i could have bought a 18mm nut but this will have a bit more too it then just sit on the surface welded on. just looking to see if i was the only idiot thinking this could be okay lol.

just for reference this is what it looks like

I know its used for an o2 sensor mod, but i think i will cut off the threaded part and ect and use it as a bung, they were pretty cheap anyways.
    Last edited by ACiFiC; 04-20-2011, 08:08 PM.
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Re: spark plug non fouler

i would think that would work fine
    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

hmm, are you concerned about your plugs fouling? or do they already? because that could be a legit problemo, and this would only hide symptoms.

Comment

yeaa bro i used those on my scion a while back to trick the computer to think i had a cat installed still and it worked!!

Comment

Originally posted by darkflare999 View Post
          yeaa bro i used those on my scion a while back to trick the computer to think i had a cat installed still and it worked!!
          I'm not sure how that would work. They actually shield the electrode to keep carbon and ash off of it, however, this makes the plug sit back further allowing for worse atomization of the fuel and air near the plug. Also because this creates a minutely larger combustion chamber, if you don't change out for the correct plugs it could allow more of the nasty stuff that isn't burned to pass through the exhaust system. i.e. seem worse than just not having a cat. but it's late so I may be wrong.

Comment

No my plugs are good, this is just me seeking a bung solution.. cause when you buy a pack you get two! hah, but yeah, it is suppose to work great to tr.ick the cars computer and such.

apparently it helps when you switch to like irridum, some cars don't like it and this solves that issue
            Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
            1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
            1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
            2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
              I'm not sure how that would work. They actually shield the electrode to keep carbon and ash off of it, however, this makes the plug sit back further allowing for worse atomization of the fuel and air near the plug. Also because this creates a minutely larger combustion chamber, if you don't change out for the correct plugs it could allow more of the nasty stuff that isn't burned to pass through the exhaust system. i.e. seem worse than just not having a cat. but it's late so I may be wrong.
              we are not talking about using it for spark plugs...its to attach to the o2 bung...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X