where to install A/F ratio gauge sensor? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to install A/F ratio gauge sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to install A/F ratio gauge sensor?

is it a good idea to replace the precat o2 sensor with it?

Re: where to install A/F ratio gauge sensor?

Do you mind if you always have that code bothering you?
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

its getting tuned but i'm not sure if the pre cat o2 sensor is needed. but if it not needed im sure they can deleate the code.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the PCM needs the pre-cat O2 sensors (there are 2, one on each manifold.) The PCM uses these to control the A/F ratio and it probably wouldn't run right at all without one of them. Now the POST-cat sensor is another story. The PCM only uses it to check performance of the cat. You could do without it, but it will throw a code at you.

(Somebody chime in if I'm wrong, it's been known to happen.)

Comment

on my car i have 3 02 sensor before the catalytic. one on each manifold and one right before the cat. so it needs all 3 up streams?

Comment

two upstream and one downstream i thought.
            Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
            1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
            1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
            2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Hhmmm.... Not sure about that then. Hopefully acific is right. You could take it to an exhast shop and have them install another bung for the sensor. Bungs are cheap and labor to just do that would probably be cheap too.

Comment

You really only need the 2 manifold O2's for fuel trims, I'm only running the 2 right now plus the wideband. You will need tunning though for it.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by 97RSSM90 View Post
                  is it a good idea to replace the precat o2 sensor with it?
                  Are you installing a wideband sensor? I have the Innovate LC1, which can be wired to send a narrowband signal to the PCM while outputting the wideband to HP Tuners. Widebands must be installed pre cat.
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

i have a aem wideband. i thought the sensor right before the cat was to measure catalytic performance along with the post cat sensor and wouldn't be needed when i get my tune. ill see if i install a bung next week then.

Comment

The sensor before the cat can be used , I'm not usiing any of the cat sensors and my car is fine. I just use the manifolds and a wideband and it does great. Of course I have tunining on it and a turbo so its alittle different.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

replace the one before the cat WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Watazz View Post
                          replace the one before the cat WTF

X2, try and make it easier but let them do what they want.

Comment

Older F-bodies had 4 O2 sensors, 2 upstream + 1 pre cat and 1 post cat. I think it was all on the 97 and earlier 3800's.

Comment

i have a supercharger lol oh ok. so its ok to do it on my car then? i justed wanted to know if the pre cat sensor on 97s used this for a/f ratio. im getting a dyno tune soon so im sure they can delete the cat codes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X