Thinking about this exhaust for my '99. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about this exhaust for my '99.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about this exhaust for my '99.

So I was looking at exhaust on summit and found this came across this, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-19396/
    I have a Dynomax on my '00 and like the sound, I also like the looks of the stock turn downs on the factory exhaust and this kit has that. I dont want to go to crazy on the car as its my DD, just looking for a little sound basically. Should I replace the cat to?
    Thoughts?
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: Thinking about this exhaust for my '99.

I would leave it alone...I have begun to enjoy the quiet ride on my current DD.

But if you still want to change it up a little, I'd just put a one in one out muffler in place of the OEM one instead of changing the entire set up.

EDIT: your 99 is a Y87 package car isn't it? Then you'll need a single in dual out muffler, my bad.
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

I like my Flowmaster 80 series.

Comment

Sixshooter, my friend had that exact setup on his 99 V6 camaro. It wasnt too loud, and didnt rasp bad. I really think it was a very good sounding, yet tame exhaust.

Comment

thats a super turbo, apparently they sound great on our cars.
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I have exact setup. I have tips instead of turndowns but same muffler and everything. If i remember right I bought it seperatly through summit for cheaper but it was over a year and half ago so don't quote me. Sounds great though, nice rumble at idle, I hear no rasp even in the upper rpms. I haven't neutral revved it so it may doin that but for the price and everything, great setup. I listened to hundreds of setups before purchasing, next to borla, no better brand imo.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
              thats a super turbo, apparently they sound great on our cars.
              xxxx2
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X