Exhaust pipe to header flange bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust pipe to header flange bolts

Anybody know off hand what size these bolts are? I'm looking for the 2 bolts for the flange that connects the end of the header to the exhaust pipes. For a 2002 Firebird, 3.8

thanks
    aka FreedStyle
    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Re: Exhaust pipe to header flange bolts

did yours break?

my bolts were so badly rusted that i had to drill them out, i just got some bolts from the hardware store and put a nut on the end.

im sorry this probably didnt help you in any way, but it was just a suggestion

Comment

It actually looks like they just fell out.. The threads look to be still intact on the flange and both bolts on the drivers side are completely missing. The passenger side is fine, but it does appear that those bolts have been replaced at one time or another... perhaps who ever did this didn't tighten them enough or something? I've only had the car since the end of October and this happened literally the last day I drove it before putting it up for the winter. I got the car out today for the first time all winter and this is first on my list to take care of..

Thanks
      aka FreedStyle
      Chaddrich Freed

Comment

I can't remember the length but the thread is a metric 10.
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

thanks guys, i ended up finding a couple bolts in the garage that fit, but me being impatient twisted one of the bolts in half, with the end of the bolt still threaded this time. Well the one bolt is holding it enough for now and some stainless wire on the twisted off side will be my temporary fix until I fab up my own custom exhaust later this summer.

thanks for the quick responces!
          aka FreedStyle
          Chaddrich Freed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X