hanger for catylitic converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hanger for catylitic converter

does anyone know where to get a replacement hanger that mounts between the converter and transmission. I can't find any listed in any of the parts catalogs, the rubber on mine is worn and the converter keeps banging against the floorboard.
    1998 Camaro Daily Driver<br />1980 Z28 Work In Progress<p>\"enough horspower, is never enough, but too much is just right!!\"

Re: hanger for catylitic converter

you should be able to go to any muffler shop and have them put one or replace the rubber. I know the muffler shops around here charge like 10 bux to replace the hangar.

Comment

hmm thats strange, there must be another hanger messed up somewhere. even with my hanger (between the trans and cat) not connected it is very sturdy and doesnt move at all.

Comment

check you trans and motor mounts, u might have a bad one and when u rev or get on the gas, the engine/tranny are twisting and its making the exhaust hit.

Comment

after taking a second look, the trans mount does need replacing, the whole back end of the transmission just flops around. Looks like a new trans mount should take up most of the play, if that's not enough I'll try to weld up a new hanger to stabilize the exhaust.
          1998 Camaro Daily Driver<br />1980 Z28 Work In Progress<p>\"enough horspower, is never enough, but too much is just right!!\"

Comment

glad u found the bad mount. Yea, at idle its prob not hittin but as soon as u give it gas its makin exhaust hit and its cuz of the torqueing over of the motor, causing the exhaust to twist and hit.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X