header gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header gaskets

I have a set of pacesetters coming my way and need to order gaskets. I've noticed they have rectangular type outlet holes mating the manifold to the header. Is there a particular model that would work best as far as compressing through heat cycles? I've searched around on here and am leaning toward the copper gaskets but need to be sure the holes are fine and these are good quality or are better at preventing leaks.

Re: header gaskets

Are you buying these new or used?
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

I got abbott racing header gaskets on my car. I'd recommend getting them.
      -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Used. I emailed abbot racing and am awaiting their response

Comment

You can use fel-pro or some copper SCE gaskets which seal up great. They have oval ports like our heads so they match up great. I would use copper spray when installing the gaskets to help seal them up.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I used SCE coppers with no spray and they sealed perfect.

Comment

yea I went SCE on the last customer's car that I installed pacesetters on. Worked great. I hit both sides with some copper spray too just to make sure
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I'm glad people are using them without problems , I accidently found them on their site. LOL
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ya I've reused mine with a bend in it, and still had no leaks lol...just shot it with copper spray...I'll probably reuse them again this time to!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I bought the pacesetter gasket set and they work good idk if it's worth the money over the rest though.

Comment

abbott racing gaskets here, no spray or anything like that. You really don't need to worry about exhaust leaks at the heads, you will find though that you will need to worry about exhaust leaks at the header flanges.....

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Header flanges are easy too, just have the exhaust shop install 3 bolt flanges on them before install, andd they also sell copper 3 bolt flanges too, I use copper spray on them also. Works very well, went 8 years and no leaks so they must be doing something right.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                          Header flanges are easy too, just have the exhaust shop install 3 bolt flanges on them before install, andd they also sell copper 3 bolt flanges too, I use copper spray on them also. Works very well, went 8 years and no leaks so they must be doing something right.
                          the header flanges are were the headers go to the y pipe right ???

Comment

Originally posted by Unique96Camaro View Post
                            the header flanges are were the headers go to the y pipe right ???
                            Yes, that is where their located.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X