header insight needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header insight needed

This site has 3 models listed. Prices differ greatly, I need the upgrade but need to know if the prices are justified and there is actually much disparity in the parts other than cosmetics. Im not drag racing or racing at all. Just need replacements but more balls under the hood is a plus.

if the cheap-o ones will get similar power gains while remaining as reliable then that is the route I will go.
    also, do these kits come with the same parts I.e. ypipes bolts etc.?

Re: header insight needed

I believe the flanges between the say pacesetters and the clearimages are completely different. If you want something that is going to show the most gain go with the LTs. All of the mid-tubes should be the same.

Comment

Mid-tubes will have pretty much the same gains across the board, biggest difference is going to be the size of the primaries as that adjusts the velocity of the gas exiting the cylinder heads.

If I were to go mid-length I'd go with the CIA's, as I understand their quality is pretty hard to equal.

I have longtubes on my car from force fed fabs, they're not cheap but they are also full stainless. If you have a lowered car or plan on going lowered, I'd recommend getting mid length headers. You'll pretty much drag longtubes all day long on a lowered car.

Comment

for a good price and gain just get pacesetter painted headers. i've had them on for about 5 years now and the only problem i had was my spark plug wires melting. taylor sells a spark plug wire boot, that will protect you, plus get a the taylor high temp cut to fit wires. make them a little longer so you can zip tie them out of the way and you will be set.
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Pacesetters for sure. I heard those chineese OBX craps are stainless steel, but ive yet to hear reviews on fitment, leaks, or quality.

I know someone had some FFF LTs for sale on another v6 site, they might have sold though.

Comment

For the goals you have listed pacesetters meet your needs, good quality and same size primaries as the RKSport headers. If ordered from a reseller it should come with most everything needed for install except sometimes individuals use copper spray for the flanges.

Comment

I went with CIA for myself, but that's because I wanted the best quality. Lots of people here run Pacesetters and have no problem with them, or the $200-$300 less than the CIA cost.

Comment

The only thing I can say about MY pacesetters is that the EGR flange on them leaked because the EGR tube was too long and did not seal well. So I did away with the EGR and got the simulator.

Comment

its recommended to get the stage 8 locking bolts right?
                  Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                  1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                  1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                  2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                    its recommended to get the stage 8 locking bolts right?
                    Not really stock does a fine job, my stage 8 bolts are still in their box.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Hell, I'm running 1 bolt less on one side. It still seals fine.

Comment

Find a bolt because bumps on the road could damage seal.
                        Camaro V6 1999- K&N Intake System
                        - 3.73 gear
                        - Jet DST Programer
                        - Spark plugs (Split Fire) and wires (Taylor 8.5)
                        - Headers (Pace) and Y- Pipe
                        - Hi Flow Cat
                        :stp:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X