Exhaust shakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust shakes

everytime i make a turn or go over a bump or whatever, the exhaust bounces back and forth. There are 2 hangers on the tailpipes, one on the over the axle pipe, this idiot at dobbs said its because there are rubber hangers on my car and there's nothing u can do to stop the exhaust movement. i find that hard to believe.
    Anybody have this problem? I'm getting sick of every turn or bump hearing the exhaust clank back and forth

Re: Exhaust shakes

Tried getting new rubber mounts? Maybe yours are cracked or worn. Either way, they're cheap enough to give it a try.

Walker brand exhaust mount insulator: part# 35460
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
      Tried getting new rubber mounts? Maybe yours are cracked or worn. Either way, they're cheap enough to give it a try.

Walker brand exhaust mount insulator: part# 35460

X2 , also check heat sheilds esp. around the CAT or the CAT itself(known to rattle the heat sheild on it).
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

there is also a hanger around the cat. alot of after market exhaust don't use that....don't know why. but i had the same problem a few years back. i replace the hangers....i still get some play but it doesn't knock anymore
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

My exhaust is slightly modified. I have 2 hangers where the exhaust stretches from the Y-pipe to the axle, then I have a dual outlet magnaflow and had hangers put on both tailpipes. After everything was checked for rub spots, it was then fully welded. I still have an occassional hit, but thats over our signature MI pot marked roads.

Comment

that rubber hanger is the exact one i have. the exhaust wobbles left and right though...look at the crude representation i drew attached[IMG]

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/darkside00/exhaust.png

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...00/exhaust.png
            Last edited by akcamaro02; 10-21-2010, 04:31 PM. Reason: html edit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X