Shopping for a '97 Firebird CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping for a '97 Firebird CAI

Hey guys, as the title says, I'd like a CAI to play with. I'm not the most mechanically savvy guy, so an idiot proof kit is preferable.

I think that

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...roducts_id=470

would likely be my best bet. Is there anyone that can vouch for that website? It's the best price for the hard to find kit I could locate. I've come across several dead/fake performance parts websites lately, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be much obliged.

Re: Shopping for a '97 Firebird CAI

You could do soo much better than that for the price.If you don't want to fab yourself, buy a cheap *** kit and change the filter for a better one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...item1e5ebdfad2

Comment

over priced

go to ebay, search CHROME INTAKES I know numerous people have used that and they are dirt cheap. Waisting lots of money with the one you posted.

Comment

problem is that as far as my research indicates, the 95-97 V6s require very specific parts, you can't just BS a V8 kit without some fabrication/part swapping, and I simply don't know how to do that.

Would this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-Firebird-Camaro-3-8-3-8L-V6-FULL-COLD-Air-Intake-/290481963842?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Model%3AFirebird|Make%3APontiac|Year%3A1997& hash=item43a2130342

be it?

Comment

Okay, another question, why do essential the same items have different buyitnow prices?

Comment

Probably depends on the seller or shipping or the quaniity, several variables could affect that.

I recently bought a chrome ebay intake for my LT1 car, but the other kits are roughly the same. Just read the auction carefully and find one for your application, the seller of the chrome intakes have pretty high feedback so if there is something wrong or missing just contact them and they will assist you.

The install is extremely simply with their intake, just unbolting your stock one and following the same route and using their pieces.
            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
            1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
            2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Cool. Question three, they offer some ricer looking "Heat-shield" filter, or bundled with a K&N Filter. Robotech looks aside, which is the better filter?

Comment

They should all flow about the same, as long as its probably cleaned and maintained it should be adequate. If you want to feel safer, go with the K&N filter for brand quality.
                1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

I have that intake for my 97. The fit and finish is excellent, and it has everything you need for a clean install. I've never bought anything off of ws6store but I think they're a sponsor at ls1tech so they're probably pretty good.
                  94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
                  97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
                  98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

chromeintakes

Comment

Ordered an en route. Thanks guys :)

Comment

CAI installed, though I'd hardly call it a quick and easy install. Those spaces are small and those boots ridiculously tight.

Comment

got a pic? car feel any different, is it what you were looking for?
                          1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                          1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

Surprisingly different. I had kept my expectations fairly low, but I was surprised at how much more I was pushed into the seat when I stomped the pedal. Seems to really do wonders with a catback system. Engine sounds deeper as well, and the A4 quicker to downshift. I'll get pics when I get off work and put in my 160 thermo.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X