Ecutout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecutout

so i got my badlanz e cutout, I have some questions for the wireing.

1st: should i connect the red/positive wire on the switch to the ign12v or the 12v constant.

2nd where are you guys running the wire from the cutout into the car?

Re: Ecutout

Mine is going in thru a drain plug (closest to the cutout) underneath the back pass side floormatt.

You can knock it out, cut a small hole for the wire to go in and just run it under the seat to the console. Thats the quick way and its easy to hide the wire.

I have my switch wired up to the radio so its hot when I start the car.
    -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

I just got one to :)...I bought the valve used and bought a y pipe and clamps off the site. the guy sent me the wrong y pipe from what i ordered, but he was cool about it and sent me another one in trust that i would return the other one.

Cant wait to get it on and wake up the town a little ahhahahaha:rock:

Comment

so what the gommet comes under the rear seats. guess i gott pull up the carpet?

Comment

yea i ordered a 3" and got like a 3.75" im not complaining hahaha

Comment

Oh if you dont want to cut into your wiring... You can just open your fuse box in the engine compartment and pull one of the fuses that is a block, stick the red wire in one off the prong holes and push the fuse back in, now just ground out the black wire and it will work thats how i tested mine...oh and you know when its working cuz it has a led light on the switch.

Comment

yeah you got the custon 3 in kit right?? if so the y pipe is blown out just before the cutout to 3.5 and the valve is 3.5......didnt know mine was 3.5 either thought it was 3 but i still ordered the right pipe he just sent em the wrong one damn.

Comment

Originally posted by CorX98gt View Post
                Oh if you dont want to cut into your wiring... You can just open your fuse box in the engine compartment and pull one of the fuses that is a block, stick the red wire in one off the prong holes and push the fuse back in, now just ground out the black wire and it will work thats how i tested mine...oh and you know when its working cuz it has a led light on the switch.
                Well i can just do that inside the car like i did with all of the quages.

Comment

yeah!....I have a grand prix... dont know where my fuse box is inside if it even has one.

Comment

I didnt pull the carpet out. Just pull the plug out, use a razor knife cut thru the carpet enough to get the wire in and also cut a hole in the grommet for the wire.

Its much easier and less time consuming if you just wire it up the the hot wires in your radio. For me anyways.
                    -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

turns out im gunna have to change the cat S and i pipes to make this things work. like 250 bucks

Comment

huh why??? do you not have a 3 exhaust?

Comment

No 2.5 I could have made it work but dude says it will hang to low. Think I'm gunna go with a bullet cat, 3" s pipe n all. He put a manual one on for me to see if I even liked it. It sounds gnarly. So I'll prolly do all this in the weekend.

Comment

All you have to do is take off the kick panels and reach under the carpet and just run it up the side. No need to pull your entire carpet and its better then cutting a hole in your carpet. Thats what I did. Also ran my switch to my radio. The fuse thing is kinda ghetto and makes me nervous, atleast get "add-a-fuse" or w.e.

Comment

agreed with whitdog ^ no need for all that work. i have the exact same badlanz cutout, got the stainless 3" with a 3.5" mouth and i love it. run it thru the boot plug and make a small cut in your carpet to pull it thru. the best place to run it is to your center console, the rocker switch fits PERFECTLY underneath the pull out plastic ash tray and stays completely stealth even if someone is looking for it. i've never had someone able to find it when i tell them to look as hard as they can.
                              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                              gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X