Flowmaster Hushpower 2 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowmaster Hushpower 2 Questions

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has heard a FM hushpower 2 on our cars? They seem like they sound decent on the v8 cars but im not sure how they sound on the 3.8. If anyone has used them is there a lot of interior drone or noise? Thanks guys!

Re: Flowmaster Hushpower 2 Questions

I have never heard one or heard any sounds clips, but just remember mufflers on V8's will sound very different on V6's.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yup I know which is why I was hoping someone had a sound clip or something. I have a full SLP loudmouth 3" exhaust with mangaflow high flow cat, and it sounds great but the drone on long trips is pretty bad so I was looking for something a bit quieter. Any ideas?

Comment

I know what you mean mines pretty loud with my cam,RK headers ,3" exhuast , Dynomax Race bullet muffler before the axle with a 3" turn down. Plus the 3.73's , I don't like long trips , might go down to a 3.50 or 3.42 gear. You could add a resonator in there to help with the drone. Or use a turbo style muffler.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

go stock v8 exhaust, then just get a an e-cutout for when you want it loud

Comment

the FM is supposed to be a resonator which is why I was wondering. Do you guys think it would quiet it down a bit if I left the SLP but put 2 hushpowers right infront of the tips? BTW its dual exhaust. I really want it quieter because I want to take my bird to the Outer Banks in NC in a couple months and my girl said she wont ride in it for that long unless its quieter lol.

Whitedog- I dont want to go to a v8 exhaust because I already spent quiet a bit on the SLP full stainless exhaust. That and I hate the sound of open exhaust on the v6s. I ran mine like that for a day or so when I was putting the SLP on and it sounded really bad.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X