O2 sensor recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 sensor recommendation

OK, my 2002 Camaro needs a new cat, soooo, getting a Pacesetter 3" Monza plus a 2.5' FlowMaster cat back exhaust.
    Question, what is a good O2 sensor that will work with this setup?
    Thanks,
    M

Re: O2 sensor recommendation

Which pacesetters were you getting? and what'd you pay?
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Pacesetter cat 3" in and out # P40800066 for $160.09 from Race Pages.
      FlowMaster cat back 2.5 " exhaust # F1317358 #327.71 from Race Pages

Comment

thats alot for a cat :/
        Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
        1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
        1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
        2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Recommendation?

Comment

Delphi, for like $44 from GetGMParts.com
            Last edited by ssms5411; 06-12-2010, 08:33 PM.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

No cats on getgmparts.com, but i get the point.
              I want the Pacesetter because it flows 20% more than a stock cat. There is the possibility that one day I'd like to do forced induction, so i'd like to future proof the set up. I'm not selling this car anytime soon, so I don't mind spending a little extra on her.
              Having said that, with the additional exhaust flow, do I need to consider a specific O2 sensor? I have no idea about the difference between a narrow or wide band sensor.
              Thanks

Comment

You said you were looking for O2 sensors and thats what they have for all GM vehicles, for a Cat for FI go with a 3" high flow or hollow out the CAT and put a straight pipe in it and delete the codes with Hptuners since if you go FI you'll end up having to reprogram your PCM. Reg O2 sensors are fine for any app. , for a wideband setup you'll need the whole kit llike a PLX or AEM etc. That has the display and wideband O2 sensor 5 wire like Bosch(about $60) or NGK. Narrow band O2's in the headers will monitor your fuel trims so it will tell the injectors how much fuel to add, which you still need even with a wideband installed before the CAT. The wideband will monitor all your fuel trims accurately so you always know what Air/fuel your running so you can tune your car the best. Esp. if your FI becuase if stock your A/F is about 13.0 and cammed 12.5+ , FI 11.5-12.0 depends how much PSI and how safe you want to run, usually 11.5 is norm.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

If your current O2 sensors are working, you don't need anything else. If you're not tuning, you have no need for a wideband.
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

OK, wideband O2 sensor (and guage) is for tuning and setting proper AFR. All I need is a regular O2 sensor for the new exhaust after the cat.
                    Thank you all for the information, that is exactly the information I needed.
                    M

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      Delphi, for like $44 from GetGMParts.com
                      This. I went with these.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X