Exhaust leak advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exhaust leak advice

I'd be happy if it's anything under 100. You've gotten my hopes.
    Ya know.. My biggest mistake with this whole turbo kit was to buy a pre-made one. If I had pieced it all together myself it would have come out much much better without all of these BS problems. However, I didn't know jack and figured I'd learn better hands on, with the kit in front of me. And I did so I shouldn't complain that much. Hindsight.

OH OH, good news though. My parents said they'd give me money for a down payment on a house!! This means I get my own garage and I can spend all the time I want on the car and not have to drive it home! It won't happen soon enough though so I'm still gonna check around some shops and see what they can do for me.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Hellz yeah on the house... I had my car sitting in my sister's garage for almost two years without getting much done to it at all... now that I have my own garage and finally have my car here I've gotten about 10x more done in the last six months than I did in two years... Engine should be goin in next week or the week after!!!
      Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
      Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Good luck on the house, I will be buying my parents house next year when they retire and move to the retirement home they bought and have been fixing it up. I'll have a 2 car garage with a cooler and over a 1 ton A/C unit, which will be nice. I hope they can fix my back so I can do more.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

interesting thread.. i just bought some felpro exhaust gaskets for my stock manifold to y pipe, i have a pretty bad exhaust leak after i had to disconnect it to change my oil pan gasket

Comment

ebay is great for this kind of stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              Good luck on the house, I will be buying my parents house next year when they retire and move to the retirement home they bought and have been fixing it up. I'll have a 2 car garage with a cooler and over a 1 ton A/C unit, which will be nice. I hope they can fix my back so I can do more.
              Or you could just move further east, closer to more members that are willing to help. Like me for example. I'd love to just piece together awesomeness out of someone else's wallet.

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
              interesting thread.. i just bought some felpro exhaust gaskets for my stock manifold to y pipe, i have a pretty bad exhaust leak after i had to disconnect it to change my oil pan gasket
              If you didn't put some copper RTV on the gaskets I'd suggest it. And let it cure properly!! Sucks to wait but it works. Helped mine out a lot.

Originally posted by timmyn617 View Post
              ebay is great for this kind of stuff!
              I don't like going to ebay too much myself. Could you post up a link to something a bit more specific?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

For flanges like 3 bolt, copper is the best with the copper spray mine lasted 7-8 years before I took them off to have some exhaust work done. They were pretty worn down but still not leakng.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i used copper rtv silicone stuff on my ball flanges and it sealed it up no problems

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    For flanges like 3 bolt, copper is the best with the copper spray mine lasted 7-8 years before I took them off to have some exhaust work done. They were pretty worn down but still not leakng.
                    Yeah I really don't think I let it cure very well. :spank: Blame the girlfriend.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                      Yeah I really don't think I let it cure very well. :spank: Blame the girlfriend.
                      I blame all women, LOL J/K I'm still trying to get my dog back from my ex. and a $4000 leather couch. She wants to give me the couch and not my dog. Its going to turn ugly in court I forsee it.

Comment

She took yer dog?! I've already decided that I would run out into traffic to save mine.. In case he was ever dumb enough to do that. That's dirty right there.. You can't separate a man from his dog. Women are evil vengeful beings. Payback is in pregnancy. No matter how much a woman tries to justify how "wonderful being pregnant is" I will never believe them.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X