Intake gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake gasket?

First of all I have a 98 3.8 Firebird, A4 completely stock except a whisper lid. I took Thursday off to change my intake gasket (if thats what it is) but before I buy the parts I wanted to check with you guys and be sure that, the intake gasket is my problem. I have the dreaded muddy radiator fluid and coolant resivoir fluid. No water in the oil though. The oil on the dipstick is nice n black. I have radiator fluid disappearing. It takes about 2-3weeks, but eventually my car will start climbing in temp and Ill have to put coolant in the radiator. This weekend I smelled coolant buring so I popped the hood and on the drivers side up by the throttle body there was coolant spewing out from somewhere, I could hear it hissing and see coolant puddled up on the side of the intake. I just couldnt tell where it was coming from. I also have a hissing in the back of the intake on the passenger side. Its not the heater lines, I double checked those. Am I right in assuming this is an intake gasket?

Re: Intake gasket?

Possibly, but the thermostat housing is on the front drivers side of the intake, did you check to see if that was leaking?
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Re: Intake gasket?

Yea I checked it. It was dry as a bone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X