exhaust on the cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust on the cheap

im in the middle of planning my exhaust set up cause my current set up has been butchered up so bad i just need a new system. im debating on buying 2.5 mandrel pipe bends and strait tube and welding each bit together will end up costing me $300+ or just going to exhaust shop and having a 3 inch exhaust put on which will cost me around $200. will be replacing the cat and all the way back. my question is will the 3 inch with out the mandral bends be almost the same as the 2.5 with the smoother bends?

Re: exhaust on the cheap

i went with the piping exhaust shops that use non-mandral bent piping and the difference between the shops piping and mandral bent is big just by looking at it.you can see that its more restrictive. i would suggest just going with an actual kit. im redoing my whole exhaust with headers and 2.5" piping im getting from summit. like they say around here you get what you pay for. just save the money up and go for the better one

Comment

i got these when i re-did my exhaust 2.5 mandrel for our cars they have 3" to for the same price search these part numbers 54299, 53303 at http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php these are the cheapest prices i found any where then i bought a borla muffler for 100 and had a brand new exhaust system

Comment

yah i was looking at those to use for the exhaust. summit has them for the same price. those other pipes they had on there site are just stock replacements right? im planning on building an s pipe replacing the cat and putting in a glasspack im really thinking about getting two smaller glass packs and putting them after the muffler. im going to try to reuse the muffler that is on my car right now ,it sounds like a flowmaster but it does not have any markings on it, to try to save some cash.

Comment

ok found a magnaflow exhaust and got it for $100 gonna order the pipes bwkmaro suggested and one u bend for about $115 and a cat for around $60 or less. $275 for the full ehxaust excluding headers is not bad i think.
          Last edited by madforce10; 05-04-2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by firebird19_99 View Post
            like they say around here you get what you pay for. just save the money up and go for the better one
            this is the bottom line. cheap out now, pay up later. save up the extra scratch to get exactly what you want, that's what i did when i ripped everything out for a full 3" borla exhaust and i couldn't be happier with the results

Originally posted by madforce10 View Post
            yah i was looking at those to use for the exhaust. summit has them for the same price. those other pipes they had on there site are just stock replacements right? im planning on building an s pipe replacing the cat and putting in a glasspack im really thinking about getting two smaller glass packs and putting them after the muffler. im going to try to reuse the muffler that is on my car right now ,it sounds like a flowmaster but it does not have any markings on it, to try to save some cash.
            yep, grab the U-bent pipe from summit, chop it in half, reweld, and you've got a completely smooth 3" (or whatever size you go with) s-pipe --- exactly what i did to finish out my exhaust.

a word of advice, upgrade your old flowmaster muffler. i had a flowmaster catback before i went full exhaust, and it was in rough shape and sounded horrible in comparison. find a stainless magnaflow or borla muffer and you're all set.
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

if you want it just for sound then go three inch crush bent. it can be done for about 100 bucks in any exhaust shop, if you're going for performance get it mandrel bent and again, an exhaust shop might be able to do something for you at a lower price than a kit. Then it's a matter of finding a muffler you like.

Comment

its for preformance because im planning on autocrossing my car soon. well i have my plan now gonna order the rest of the parts i need on saturday and gonna get them on next weekend. already got half of the parts i need just need a few more once my next pay check comes in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X