long tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long tubes

well ive been wanting long tubes for my car for a while so the other day i came up with a idea to make my own out of a set v8 long tubes. so i picked up a set off a 350 sb for 25$ today and im gunna make a set for my car and weld them up all nice for under 50$ :rock: i cant wait to get started on them i will post pics

Re: long tubes

sounds interesting.....keep us updated

Comment

Curious how you think this is gonna happen for less than $50? Cause you need the V6 flanges, and collectors, which would be more than $50 right there. Plus bending and welding the pipe.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
        Curious how you think this is gonna happen for less than $50? Cause you need the V6 flanges, and collectors, which would be more than $50 right there. Plus bending and welding the pipe.
        he's going to go ricer and use bendy straws

good luck, pics when ur done!

Comment

i have a plasma cutter and those things ricers call sharpies..... and a collector can be made of 3" pipe very easy plus i have a pipe bender at my disposal to soo im set. oh and im ase certifed welder.

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
            i have a plasma cutter and those things ricers call sharpies..... and a collector can be made of 3" pipe very easy plus i have a pipe bender at my disposal to soo im set. oh and im ase certifed welder.
            And not very good at header design if your using 3" collectors on a 231 cubic inch V6. There is a lot more to it than just cutting and welding the pipe together.
            sigpic

Comment

it was just a example the primary tubes im useing are a little bigger than i would like but this is more of a trial and error no one i have ever known has done this before so im gunna see how it works out

Comment

Good luck man. I think the flanges will be your downfall.
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

It'll be a cool project to do. Have fun with it!

Comment

where are you going to get the header flanges from?

Comment

OP , If you need some header flanges let me know I have a set 3/8 thick 1.5" openings, I'll sell yoou what I paid for them. Their are Co. that have 3.8 flanges for sale just have to search.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

the piece of 3/16ths thick mild steel piece of metal in my back yard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X